fully employed long/full timer? (1 Viewer)

Ondrej

Free Member
Apr 12, 2017
herne bay
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
I wonder if any long/full timer is around who is also fully employed? What do you do? How do you get on? Did it meet you expectations? ... or are you all just having fun travelling around without need to work? :)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I also work full time, weekends free. Covering 30,000 miles a year in my car which used to be more. Fulltiming now since March and the weather has been very kind to me so far with lots of lazy days outside. I absolutely love the lifestyle and will be looking for an RV in the not to distant future, however, if a rich and would have to be extremely rich lady decides she wants me to spend some time with her then the motorhome will go into storage never to be sold :D2

Motorhoming rules

Rob(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I also work full time, weekends free. Covering 30,000 miles a year in my car which used to be more. Fulltiming now since March and the weather has been very kind to me so far with lots of lazy days outside. I absolutely love the lifestyle and will be looking for an RV in the not to distant future, however, if a rich and would have to be extremely rich lady decides she wants me to spend some time with her then the motorhome will go into storage never to be sold :D2

Motorhoming rules

Rob(y)
Stick to your first idea, woman need to be more than just an after thought they need all your attention and more.

Jul 6, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 1995
My motorhome is my link between our house in rural France and my consulting work in the UK. I work in the sector of town and city centre management, helping the people that manage places. I can do much of my work online and via Google Hangouts/Skype/WhatsApp, but still need to visit project locations. I stay in different places, sometimes Caravan and Motorhome Club sites (Abbey Wood and Crystal Palace) for my London visits, or CL's elsewhere. If I'm only staying one or a couple of nights, sometimes I wild-camp in lay-bys, Park & Rides, coach parks and even outside my business partner's house in south Birmingham.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Worked in London whilst ft for 4 years prior to retirement - simply stayed on small sites and cl's close to a station!

heading tiny

Free Member
Aug 2, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
2009 Chausson Welcome 58
Exp
Since Sep 2016
We both work "regular" jobs - my partner works full time at night and I have 30 hour a week part time job in the mornings.

We hope to research and eventual work from home (motorhome), but we can't afford to do it yet. You just make it work, until you get where you want to go, right? (y);)

Susana & Pedro - Blog: http://headingtiny.com/

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Not doing it yet, but the plan is to work and live in the van full-time from next year.

I work online (e-commerce), so as long as I have reliable internet and power I can be anywhere Figure satellite broadband and some kind of lithium power solution is probably the way forward (along with a bigger van).

Although not full-time, I've been working from out current van whenever my other half has time off work for years, just with WiFi and 4g (and 400ah of batteries).

Roll on next year :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back