Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi thanks for that Enodreven:thumb: i just caught them taking about it on radio leicester and wondered ! yes its peacful::bigsmile: and the wines nice too

ray

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Gees, thought I was on wrong forum.:ROFLMAO:

Anyway sos not to go off track, had concidered a n/b, then thought of all those lock, been a widower I thought it was too much like hard work so went for the moter home:thumb: and to get back on track I am enjoying My freedom :thumb:.

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

We do both, and the locks are the main meeting places on the canals, the pubs come second

Gees, thought I was on wrong forum.:ROFLMAO:

Anyway sos not to go off track, had concidered a n/b, then thought of all those lock, been a widower I thought it was too much like hard work so went for the moter home:thumb: and to get back on track I am enjoying My freedom :thumb:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Hi Enodreven.

I think the word you use is "We", Where as with me it is "I". As a widower I am getting used to doing every thing alone and at 63 (fast approaching 64) I have to except that thier will be certain things that I will have to pass on by, hence Motor home instead of Canal Boat.
Enjoying every moment:ROFLMAO:.

Don

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, Don

You are correct about the "we" but there are many narrow-boats being "single handed" that's what they call it when single people are using them and a lot of them are certainly in your age bracket, it really isn't a major problem working the locks single handed, albeit it does take a little longer to shut the gates after you leave.

While I am certainly not suggesting that you would want to meet up with people in a similar position to yourself. I would just say that I have seen quite a few adverts over the years of people wishing to have someone join them while using there narrow-boats, and i also think there is a similar group setup for caravanning ? motorhoming ? for single people

Brian

Hi Enodreven.

I think the word you use is "We", Where as with me it is "I". As a widower I am getting used to doing every thing alone and at 63 (fast approaching 64) I have to except that thier will be certain things that I will have to pass on by, hence Motor home instead of Canal Boat.
Enjoying every moment:ROFLMAO:.

Don

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back