Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Well the time has come.Start fulltiming on the 17th.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Still working 10 months and then feb march will be spent in the sun.We are not selling house,it will be rented.Electric meter is in just waiting for the gas meter to go in,both prepay so cant get an unexpected bill.
New jobs pay less than we currently earn but with perks and the savings i make on running my current business we will be better off.
Costs for just one van,diesel,insurance etc are approx £500 per month.
Having spent the last few weeks going over all our present costs frankly im surprised we got to eat.Things have been tough the past 18 months but its only when you stop and put pen to paper it can be a shock how much it costs just to keep a small business afloat.
Business at the moment is good,7 days a week and still struggling to keep up but to be honest i have just had enough of the rat race and sitting in traffic for several hours a day.
Let you all know how its going in a few weeks.
Dave

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
wow Dave,
Go for it,

Good luck mate and hope to see ya for a beer or two soon so you can update us:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Past few weeks my wife has gone through every emotion,tears with sadness,tears with happiness,trepidation and exitment.
At home our lives are very busy and our house is never empty.On average we have at least 4 to 6 visitors a day but some days we can have over 15.We have a lot of friends and family.I think my wife will miss this the most but we are not going a million miles away and will still see them,just not as much.
For me i see it has the next adventure in our lifes.The scary thing for me is i think im gonna like that much that i will never want to go back to bricks and mortar.
dave

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Well done, we are also fulltiming, can you not make it to MHFun meet at Peterborough end of this month - there are a few of us who are fulltimers?

Glad you have kept your house, we made the mistake of selling ours back in the early eighties, keeping it this time round though.

All the best.

Nigel and Pamala

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Nice one Guys.

Wishing you all the best in your new life....:Cool:

Plenty of experienced Full-Timers on here so....Feel free to ask them....

I'm sure they will give good solid advice.:thumb:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Best wishes for the future. What sort of business are you in

stew

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well in Dave.. Jealous as anything mate !!

Enjoy it ... ( but then, no need to tell you to do that cos' I am 100% sure you will ! )

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a adventure I wish you many happy travels.

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Dave, Jan & I wish you all the best for the present and future!

We are of for 6 weeks over in Italy next wed 11.20pm ferry. we have talked about taking a year out and renting our place::bigsmile:

hope to catch up with you both later in the year, maybe the bring and buy meet??????

Pat & Jan

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
Well Dave.
You seem to be going into this with your eyes open so all there is to do is wish you good luck and hope it all works out well and Im sure it will.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back