FullTimers insurance with full coverage anyone?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Mia raf, Aug 4, 2015.

  1. Mia raf

    Mia raf

    Aug 4, 2015
    Hello all

    We are trying to find out how we can get full time insurance for us and children on a motorhome with 8 places, is it possible, does it exist? Dunno but we now have ADAC who are very reliable, competent and trustworthy but they do not normally cover anything else outside Germany besides break down road assistance, in fact it's not ADAC who recently helped us outside germany but ACTA Assistance and no of fence to anyone there but it was a nightmare the last time we asked them for help, not them but the garage we ended up in and how it went., they could not really help us with out dishing out taxi money which they totally avoided telling us about while stuck on some mountain with nothing within 20 kilometer distance., not a grocery store, not water, and they tried to scrap our classic iveco motorhome claiming it was not worth more then 3k when we had just purchased it for 9k, the dealer went crazy and sent letters to back it up.

    Anyone out there have insurance to deal with things like this, we ended up finding out the head casket of our motor blew, in fact most Motorhomes and cars that the garage dragged in of the road had the exact problem or they where new and their batteries where not get charged from the altinature., police told us it's common to break down if driving at such high altitudes of 1000 to 2500 meters on mountains.

    I do see that ful time insurance had been discussed in the past, I just wanted to share my experience in hopes people understand that I do not have a UK address, maybe I can rent one, or use a town hall of france, I don't know but I rather have a EU insurance 365 days a year with good coverage then pay 1000€ a year for our apartment insurance which is a waste of money to me., I hope to hear good news.

  2. Debra Foster

    Debra Foster

    Aug 7, 2015
    On the same boat here honey, depends what country you are based in as a resident., I think you can register at a town hall in france like the "Gens de voyage" aka people who travel, cop out name for French gypsies.

Share This Page