Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Has anyone here have any experience with the Canon Selphy printer, quite small & light, really only for photos, 4" X 6".
I was thinking of one as away from family/friends for most of the time we could send pics of where we are, some older ones don't have computers, etc.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not familiar with that one in particular but you can't usually go wrong with Canon printers.

The usual advice applies - use decent quality paper and always, no matter what anyone says, use genuine ink.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We have one and use it exactly as you want to. Each pic is relatively expensive so it's only used for times when we need a quick print. Quality is super.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have a Cannon compact inkjet in the loft, A4, but the real problem is the heads clogging because of little use and tiny cartridges make it expensive to run.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Rather than spending money on a printer, and expnesive ink, why not upload the pics to a photo printing website and get them sent direct to your friends
Quick, easy, cheaper, and the photos may look better too?
Plus you can get them printed any size you choose, not just 6x4

http://promo.snapfish.co.uk

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Rather than spending money on a printer, and expnesive ink, why not upload the pics to a photo printing website and get them sent direct to your friends
Quick, easy, cheaper, and the photos may look better too?
Plus you can get them printed any size you choose, not just 6x4

http://promo.snapfish.co.uk

The idea is OK if it's the just the odd one or two. I wouldn't use Snapfish though - their quality is at the bottom end of the scale (this is what I do for a living) The quality of print from the little Canon Selphy printers is equal to any of the cheaper online services.

The other thing you have to factor in is the p&p costs. If you're going to be sending a lot it doesn't take long before it gets more expensive than doing it yourself.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I think most supermarkets have a machine you can print your photos from. I think they work out cheaper than doing it yourself unless you have a laser printer, and I wouldn't like to take mine in the Mh, it takes two people to lift it.

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Epsom WF 100 is your friend . Stunning piece of tech !

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
As above, if buying Canon only use genuine Canon cartridges, and if you want those cheaper buy them on eBay and not in shops. Cartridges can be costly.

Selphy cartridges with paper appear to go for about £22 each on eBay for 108 prints, so that's about 20p a print plus the cost of the printer. Upload and print online would be a lot cheaper option unless you were planning to produce large quantities.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yes. Mrs. Maison has used one for about three years.

The picture quality is superb but, as said above, they are quite pricey.

Mrs. Maison buys postcard card which is ruled on the reverse for address and a space to write. She then posts pictures she takes when away to friends and family, rather than buy commercial postcards showing scenes we may not have visited.

One word of warning. If you do buy a Selphy, go online and download the latest drivers. It makes printing much easier.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back