Free Member
Aug 26, 2007
Hailsham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
Next year all being well we are going off to France full timing for 5 year or so, but then we are retire.
What puzzle me is how do people full time with kids and hold down a job as well. Do you full time at a camp sites near work and go off on holdays week ends ect or are you all working from your RVs Motorhomes?
Wobby

OP
OP
Wobby

Wobby

Free Member
Aug 26, 2007
Hailsham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
How come if there are so many full timers that no one has answerd the question, don't be shy.:Cool:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We calculated how much money we needed to live on.
Then, how many days we needed to work to earn that amount.

I can work for 2 or 3 days a week for 6 months in total to support our lifestyle.
Work for a couple of months, trundle around France for a couple of months......

We should be fulltiming with 4 small children by this time next year .

If you want something badly enough, you will find a way to make it work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If you want something badly enough, you will find a way to make it work.

Well said, the hutchies, we look forward to hearing more of your progress and hopefully meet up some time, if we can be of any help please email us..

Our plan is to work during the summer in the UK and travel during the winter.. so far it's working out fine. But there is no fixed timetable, this year we will work longer but take more time off next year..
Our needs are simple, food, diesel, RV tax, insurance, ferry fares etc, site fees are kept to an absolute minimum, we use aires where ever possible and cheap sites but don't wild camp.
Fulltiming is not dropping out but rather changing direction, an alternative to bricks and mortar, the 9 to 5 grind each day, the stress of modern living etc..

However, it isn't stress free nor easy but the rewards make it all worth while, it's certainly not for everyone and I would never try and convince anyone to do it, you either want it or you don't.. it's that simple and if you have any doubts... don't.

Happy and safe travels everyone

Jim

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
Good on yer, Hutchies.

We started fulltiming about the same time as the Scotjimlands, and it is working out very well for us so far.

But to those tetering on the brink, beset by doubts and worries as to whether they're doing the right thing, Jim's conviction that "you either want it or you don't.. it's that simple and if you have any doubts... don't." must give cause for concern.

We had doubts, & I think anyone contemplating a major change of lifestyle would expect some ebb and flow of conviction. It's pretty fundamental, selling your house and setting off into the wild blue yonder. We Brits are brainwashed into regarding a house as mandatory, the ultimate must-have for security.

So to those in doubt, I can only say we too had sleepless nights.

But 10 months down the line, it started well and it just keeps getting better.

To help you decide if this is what you want to do, ask yourself this question: 'would I rather die regretting what I have done, or regretting what I haven't done?'

I know the answer to that one.

Bruce

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back