Full timing wild (1 Viewer)

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Who does and how long do you stay at each location when winging it like a true FLT :D

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Been in Spain since July and only used sites on 10 nights. At the moment we are wild camping in Tarifa. We have been here over 8 weeks and will be here another 4 maybe. Would have moved on a lot sooner but wife has broke her arm and wants it sorting by one hospital.
Saying that we keep saying we will have a few days by Gibraltar.
While where here we go into town every other day to empty and fill water 3€

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Forgot to say while we have been here I had to go back to UK for a hernia opp so was out of action for a week

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I lived in a stealth self build and parked for weeks, months and years on Midland Rd, Bath.

No sign from the outside that anyone was inside.

Obviously I would have trips away when not working.

Can't do it now though as all the land around has been developed.

JJ :cool:

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
You can get away with a lot until people start to complain.I got chucked off a supermarket car park when I had to rebuild the melted internals in a rear brake. I was fine parked there whilst I purchased the bits on-line, and had them delivered to an Amazon locker at the supermarket. As soon as I started work and removed the rear wheels, they chucked me out. Fortunately the LDV has a dual braking system, and I was able to drive to an unused industrial site. The front brakes do 90% of the work, but it is still a bit disconcerting driving with no rear brakes or handbrake.

I guess the answer is to make sure you maintain your vehicle, and you don't make a mess, or indulge in anti-social behaviour. It helps to do a bit of shopping in the supermarket s well if you are in their car park.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Parking for several nights on a supermarket carpark and then starting to do outside repairs at the same location is definitely NOT what I would have even thought about attempting.

Obviously these repairs have to be done somwhere and I am glad you found a more suitable location...

My first rule of stress free, off site, fulltime motorhoming has always been (and still is) avoid at all costs doing anything that might upset the local bricks and mortar brigade.

JJ :cool:

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I agree,but melting your brakes creates a bit of an emergency. I think I posted about this elsewhere, and the problems I had removing seized wheel nuts. I ended up having to buy some 3/4" drive tools on Amazon for delivery to the supermarket. It's a shame the problem happened, as it was in one of the better Morrisons, and in fact I'm in their cafe now. I'm not banned from the store, but told that I can't stay overnight in the car park any more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back