Full timing Insurance (1 Viewer)

J

joebra2

Deleted User
Hi am planning to full time in my winnebago and cant find an insurance company that will cover me - anybody know how to get around this?

Cheers

:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi am planning to full time in my winnebago and cant find an insurance company that will cover me - anybody know how to get around this?

Cheers

Hi Joe
For what its worth you cant buy what don't exist, I think you have to Tell a few porkies, get the best cover you can with the best maximum cover for long stays abroad if you need that using a friends or family address, and then bugger orf for a 365 day holliday:Doh:
Geo

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001

Cheers

Have you tried "Comfort" insurance, I;ve met several who use this company for full time insurance. I understand they are underwritten by Norwich Union. The web site is Link Removed, I think.

We used NFU Mutual for the last three years, full timing, and been pleased with the service provided.

Hope this helps

Nomadic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001

Cheers

The site address that appeared in my last post was not what I intended, so I got it wrong, sorry about that, but Comfort are worth contacting if you can find an add in one of the M/H mags

Nomadic

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Have you tried "Comfort" insurance, I;ve met several who use this company for full time insurance. I understand they are underwritten by Norwich Union.
JosBra,
Nomads right on this.
I'm in email contact with a guy off this mb who is fulltiming and his insurance is with Comfort. He pays £700 fully comp including breakdown, unlimited mileage, and 365 days on road use via a c/o address.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Answer may be on this site Link Removed :Smile:

The Link Removedis on rvfulltiming but not the answer. As far as i am aware there is no company that will ensure a Full Timer with no fixed abode.:Sad: If anyone knows different then please let us know as there are plenty that would buy it.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
As far as i am aware there is no company that will ensure a Full Timer with no fixed abode.:Sad: If anyone knows different then please let us know as there are plenty that would buy it.
Ahem......Jim

Didn't you read post #5?

Plus, the guy concerned also writes on this forum!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ahem......Jim

Didn't you read post #5?

Plus, the guy concerned also writes on this forum!

Yes I read it. Maybe they (the company) could clafify the situation here.

Comfort, will you insure fulltimers with no fixed abode? Be great if we could hear it from the horses mouth.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Yes I read it. Maybe they (the company) could clafify the situation here.

Comfort, will you insure fulltimers with no fixed abode? Be great if we could hear it from the horses mouth.
I'm in personal email contact with him Jim though his online activity is limited according to where he is sited and available facilities etc.

However he is with Comfort and uses a c/o address.

I can give you his mb id if you would like to clarify with him personally?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I'm in personal email contact with him Jim though his online activity is limited according to where he is sited and available facilities etc.

However he is with Comfort and uses a c/o address.

I can give you his mb id if you would like to clarify with him personally?
Yes that ties up with post two, in order to get cover you have to declare your NOT full timing just on an extended holiday
what Fulltimers want is a proper bona fide Full timers cover and this product is not available as far as I know
why its not available even at at extra cost is beyond meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:Eeek:
one of the reasons given I beieve was people without a uk address cant be insured simple as that
Geo

Last edited:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
So how do gypsies and full time narrow boat owners cope, yes I know I said gypsies:Eeek: but a few of them tax & insure their cars etc.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back