Full Timing in the UK in the bad weather (1 Viewer)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Hi Folks and good morning to all you full timers out there - how are you coping with this weather - we are parked up since late November and don't plan on moving until poss Feb or March when we will start our wanderings again.

At the moment we have 8 to 10 inches of snow which gave a half hearted attempt to thaw for a few seconds yesterday - just enought to melt where we had cleared a path and now it has frozen again making a glass like slippery finish - we have -11 C outside which is just starting to rise - by .01 of a degree:Eeek: yesterday it achieved the giddy heights of + .05 C The water tap outside has frozen solid and the connector has given up the ghost this am - I tried to be clever last night as the temperature was going down and filled the onboard tank - then disconnected the hose thinking that if all was drained out and tap was covered I should be OK - tap was frozen and the plastic tap adaptor came away in my hand so thats that - the on board system is also frozen solid at the moment so the 20 litre can we keep filled for emergencies proved its worth this morning - at least we can have a wash and cup of tea .
Temperature inside is 22.5C - Sky is working well the freezer is full so is the fridge the electric is OK at the moment and so a day of rest seems well on the cards :thumb:

The vagabond

Free Member
Mar 6, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Guys,

Pleased that you are OK, it is a bit nippy though init? Like you, we have been parked up for about 6 weeks or so. Got three heaters running now and there is no snow on the hook up lead???? We have had a few problems with water, particularly the waste outlet but nothing too drastic yet. Fingers crossed, this is as bad as it will get. We are beginning to tire of the ice but can't do anything about that eh? Keep smiling and keep warm. :thumb:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Northwich - Cheshire - Last night/this morning.

-16.5 !!!!!!!!!!!:Eeek: Managed to fill the onboard last night (much to my surprise!). The lagging that I (not the flippin' farmer) put on the tap seems to have worked.:winky:
However, despite keeping a nice comfy 19deg inside all night, courtesy of a 2kw fan heater, we woke up to a frozen onboard system this morning. Bit peeved, but fair enough, minus 16.5 is pushing it a bit !:Cool:
Hope it thaws out whilst I'm at work, but somehow, I doubt it. Time to fill the collapsible container and keep it in the shower.:thumb:
Thankfully, everything else is working a treat and we are VERY warm and comfy in our winter wonderland suitably protected by our 5ft snowman! Bless the wife!:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Photo's

Attachments

• now 023.JPG
    now 023.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 91
  • now2 004.JPG
    now2 004.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 79
  • now2 005.JPG
    now2 005.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 84
  • now 025.JPG
    now 025.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 84
  • now 030.JPG
    now 030.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 77

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
we should start a new thread saying its freezing in this house, shall we all go fulltiming :winky::winky:

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Hi Zasker, nice to see the weather in my home town, where are you exactly?
Glad we are missing it. It is not so nice Spain. The weather here,Vinaros, is wet miserable and cold just like our average english summer day. Going down to Almafra Benidorm sunday, weatherforecast is not much better there but hopefully no snow.:Smile::Smile:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi Zasker, nice to see the weather in my home town, where are you exactly?
Glad we are missing it. It is not so nice Spain. The weather here,Vinaros, is wet miserable and cold just like our average english summer day. Going down to Almafra Benidorm sunday, weatherforecast is not much better there but hopefully no snow.:Smile::Smile:

PM on way:thumb:

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Just been up the road to check on an old couple we know - both in their 90's living in an old 13th century thatched farm house to see if they are OK and warm and need any shopping as the lane they live in is only really passable in a Landy or a tractor - the temp is so low in the house despite central heating and open fires and insulation etc that ice is on the inside of the windows - got the water going for them after a while in weather like this they have to live in the kitchen or 1 small room and the temp there was 19 C - Its 22.5 in our 5'er - I know where I am better off:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hi all fulltimers :thumb:

Well we got snow for the 1st time today in s/w cornwall YaY! was interesting driving to work but not as bad at the weather up north was at xmas :Smile:

We had a temp of -3 last night but its rarely dropped below 5 or 6 in the day until today...................the temp in Cornwall xmas day was a sunny 17 degrees ::bigsmile:

No problems with the bus, everything still working as it should, but lastnight I had to fire up the furness as the 3 oil rads couldnt cope but was a nice toasty 68 degrees after the boost.

Zaskar - on the snow man pic you look like u have some kind of ghost around your family jewels :Eeek: could it be a spirit or steam? :ROFLMAO:

Boo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back