Full timing and Vlogging in an American RV around europe. (1 Viewer)

FoxRV

Free Member
Dec 26, 2017
Funster No
Hello everyone

So here I am, in my third year of living on the road. Divorce struck in 2014 and I lost everything. Looking forward I decided to embark on a long held dream that both myself and my late father shared. It seemed a better option than renting a property, or starting from scratch with a mortgage when I was nearing my 50's.

As a production manager at music and sporting events. I had for a long time spent a large portion of each year living away from home, on event sites, in trailers and other such temporary accommodation. At the end of each season, I would arrive back at my house, look around at paddocks that needed mowing and repairs that needed undertaking, and ask myself why I had this place, and this land. Well, the divorce did me a favour. I would never have voluntarily put myself through the very challenging process(hell) of downsizing, and readjusting necessary to transform myself into a vehicle dweller. But boy am I glad I did.

I started out, with my delightful new partner(didn't take long ) in a fairly modest race truck. After two years, we knew the life was for us, so in the last year we pulled out all the stops and purchased an ageing RV with low miles on the clock. Having come out of the divorce with debts of over £40,000 I still to this day do not know how we managed it. But somehow we did.

So, it's been a good while now, and I'm certainly learning a lot about RV maintenance and American blocks. I'm lucky in many respects as my father was a coach mechanic. From the age of 5 he would take me to his workshop every Saturday, and I would learn the ropes while he worked. I was 8 when I changed my first cylinder head on a Leyland Tiger, under the watchful eye of my good old dad. This golden experience coupled with an early career as a computer engineer(back in the old days, when we used to carry an oscilloscope and a soldering iron) has set me up well for the challenges ahead.

So I got to a point where I had learned so much from my dad, and the good people of forums like this one, that I felt I needed to give something back. To this end, I have started to document some of the jobs that I am doing via video on youtube.

I hope it's not contravening any forum rules. But I would like to direct anyone who is interested to the website in my signature. It's totally non-commercial, and exists purely to help others on the same highway. It's embryonic, but you will find links within to the videos I have created so far, and lots of pictures of oily bits. I just love pictures of oily bits, they make things so much easier.

Thanks for reading this, and know that this is one happy man that has realised not only his own dream, but that of his dearly missed dad, if only by proxy.

Happy travels!
Fox Valentine

PS. I mainly joined to take part in the absolutely riveting A frame conversations :xrofl:

OP
OP
FoxRV

FoxRV

Free Member
Dec 26, 2017
Funster No
Just adding my www and YT as links not working in my sig

Youtube

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
FoxRV

FoxRV

Free Member
Dec 26, 2017
Funster No

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Motorhome Fun, sounds as if you have found satisfaction in your new way of life,
:welcomesign:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Just watched some of your videos. You have a very nice calm manner and for me it's a lovely change to watch someone do something mechanical without every other word being an expletive :xThumb:. Have also subscribed in the hope I might learn something even if it's only how to use a multimeter. Thanks and
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back