• Total voters
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
sorry Stew.. not being picky .. but how do figure that ?
Of those who bothered to vote ... (figures rounded)

24% are doing it and enjoying it

18% are planning

18 % intend to try it

total 60 %

36% would never do it

4% gave up

1% wish to give up

total 41%
Could I add to that only 24% actually enjoy fulltiming. The rest apart from the ones who know they dont like it, have little or no idea what fulltiming is like.:Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
[HI]Anyone who likes the idea of fulltiming is in favour Jim[/HI]. Revisit the figures mate ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

well, of course they are :Doh:

.. i gave the figures for the poll .. not the ones I favoured :RollEyes:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I go full timing every time I go out in the van :thumb:Trouble is I run out of money and have to go back home ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Could I add to that only 24% actually enjoy fulltiming. The rest apart from the ones who know they dont like it, have little or no idea what fulltiming is like.:Sad:

ONLY I find that figure amazingly high!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I go full timing every time I go out in the van :thumb:Trouble is I run out of money and have to go back home ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::winky:
terry

that's the problem with full timing Terry... when you run out of money you have to pick fruit :roflmto:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
that's the problem with full timing Terry... when you run out of money you have to pick fruit :roflmto:

Thats not a Problem Jim. its an advantage. run out of money in a house and you'll only be picking your own fruit. The fulltimer can live at the orchard:Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thats not a Problem Jim. its an advantage. run out of money in a house and you'll only be picking your own fruit. The fulltimer can live at the orchard:Smile:

No traveling expensive s then :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Got to make sure you are somewhere warm in winter then :thumb: Not much to pick in GB ::bigsmile:
terry

slim pickings abroad mate.. the Eastern Europeans have collared the fruit picking market :RollEyes:

I've heard selling sunglasses on the beach pays well... :roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

nah... run out of money in a house and you get benefits...:winky:

run out abroad and you are up sh$t creek :cry:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
slim pickings abroad mate.. the Eastern Europeans have collared the fruit picking market :RollEyes:

I've heard selling sunglasses on the beach pays well... :roflmto:
That sounds a better idea :thumb:I am too old for fruit picking anyway :winky:well at least to make money at it
terry

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
figures are as you read them. Going by the survey 86% of motorhomers are in favour of fulltiming. That is 86% voted in a positive way, even if some of those know they never will.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
...and it just goes to show what a positive impact motorhoming has on people. Maybe full timing wouldn't turn out to be all we hoped and expected but the desire is there for many people.
Certainly I have never felt more chilled out than I do when away in the MH... I used to think that about the caravan but the MH is better.
If nothing else I enjoy the dream.

RVfulltimer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2008
Funster No
We lived fulltime in our rv for 8 years now back in a house ,do we regret doing it no ,toured round Europe for five years at a cost of about 70,000 pounds and in the uk for the last 3 years
at a cost of 45,000 must admit cash was running low but this was not the reason for giving it up. do , if you are thinking of doing it you MUST have a plan b and poss a plan c .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
figures are as you read them. Going by the survey 86% of motorhomers are in favour of fulltiming. That is 86% voted in a positive way, even if some of those know they never will.

you must be reading a different poll ... here are the positive voters highlighted .. that comes to 60%

[HI]I Fulltime now and I enjoy the lifestyle 65 24.07%[/HI]
I Fulltime now and I wished I did not 2 0.74%
I like the idea but would never do it 70 25.93%
I hate the idea and would never do it 25 9.26%
[HI]I plan to Fulltime sometime in the future 49 18.15%[/HI]
I used to Fulltime and I gave it up 10 3.70%
[HI]I intend to try it to see if I like it 49 18.15%[/HI]

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
you must be reading a different poll ... here are the positive voters highlighted .. that comes to 60%

[HI]I Fulltime now and I enjoy the lifestyle 65 24.07%[/HI]
I Fulltime now and I wished I did not 2 0.74%
I like the idea but would never do it 70 25.93%
I hate the idea and would never do it 25 9.26%
[HI]I plan to Fulltime sometime in the future 49 18.15%[/HI]
I used to Fulltime and I gave it up 10 3.70%
[HI]I intend to try it to see if I like it 49 18.15%[/HI]

plus of course "I like the idea but would never do it 70 25.93%" ...they like the idea---its positive, not their fault they can't do it :Doh::Doh::Doh:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
nah... run out of money in a house and you get benefits...:winky:

run out abroad and you are up sh$t creek :cry:

Not strictly true jim, you might get housing benefit but you'll need it. I'd rather pick apples than draw benefits and spend all day picking my nose:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Stating the obvious here but there lots of different ways of "full timing"

I suppose if you have a motor home, you park it somewhere and live in it, rarely going anywhere in it then you are still "full timing"...

If you set off in your motor home and have a month booked on one site (with ehu) and the next month on another one and so on is another way... You have some order and certainty to your life... (but more flexibility than "Houseys.")

If you have an over all concept of living your life in a motor home but without any specific day to day, week to week or month to month plans, often changing directions because of the wind or currents at the time, then you are full timing the way I do... I just love living in my van(s)... when we tour with a live show (as I hope we are to do again soon) I could stay in a top quality hotel with the rest of the "Team" but I don't... I stay in the Wagon (often much nearer the theatre than the hotel). No worries for me what time room service stops or the restaurant closes.

Now on "holiday" I am visiting new places... yesterday I didn't know where I would spend the night... I had a beautiful drive (driving the Wagon/Hymer is a pleasure for me.) I had a break at one spot and thought about spending the night there and then decided to move on. In the end I came back to the lake side spot of the previous few days as it is so nice here... Nice as it is, after one or two more nights, I will start itching to see what is over the next horizon...::bigsmile:riving2:

All said and done though... much easier for a singleton than a couple (unless you are really together.. :winky:.)

Full Timing ROCKS
for me...

JJ :Cool:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Not strictly true jim, you might get housing benefit but you'll need it. I'd rather pick apples than spend all day picking my nose:Smile:

Reminds me of the women who packed the fish and chips at a chippie I ONCE went to. She picked her nose at the same time. I left the chippie without supplies :cry::cry::cry:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
when we tour with a live show (as I hope we are to do again soon)

you are a dreadful advert for retirement mate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Reminds me of the women who packed the fish and chips at a chippie I ONCE went to. She picked her nose at the same time. I left the chippie without supplies :cry::cry::cry:

Its only protein Stu, you fulltimers who never know where the next meal is coming from should be grateful:roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
plus of course "I like the idea but would never do it 70 25.93%" ...they like the idea---its positive, not their fault they can't do it :Doh::Doh::Doh:

I thought only politicians could bend statistics as good as this ... :RollEyes:

anyway.. as we all know....

there are lies, damn lies and statistics .. I'd like to know how many of the "positive" have the guts to actually do it, I'd hazard a guess that it's very few .. talk is easy .. actions count, not dreams.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

there are lies, damn lies and statistics .. I'd like to know how many of the "positive" have the guts to actually do it, I'd hazard a guess that it's very few .. talk is easy .. actions count, not dreams.

Well 1 in 4 who voted do have the guts Jim

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Its only protein Stu, you fulltimers who never know where the next meal is coming from should be grateful:roflmto:

I will start to fill a jar for the next fulltimers meet and then we can do a real-to-life fulltimers fry up. I will even save up some sweat so we won't even need any olive oil to fry bogies in :shout:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp

I learnt everything I know whilst working for Murdoch ..................Can you hang up that call mate, me batteries going flat listening in :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back