Full timers. Where are we pitching this lockdown? (1 Viewer)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Looks like we are in for another Lockdown albeit a short one-hopefully!
Where are the full timers going this time if the campsites have to shut again?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Campsites are likely to be told to close so full timers only have a few days to find somewhere to batten down.

Will the Caravan Club open to help full-timers again? A lot of their sites are shutting down today anyway.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We currently have about 10 - 12 full timers on our site on a rolling 28 day prepaid arrangement.

We will be allowing them to stay as normal, and so long as they observe the current social distancing rules, which are childishly simple to follow in reality, we wonā€™t be closing the facilities

Last edited:

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
If you ā€œsneakā€ into Wales , the firebreak finishes next week, so some C&MH Cls that advertise being open all year might be an option?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We are new to full timing this year and would appreciate names of locations that will remain open if anyone has details.

We do have sites booked until mid Dec but not sure if they will be able to honour these

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We complete on the sale of our house and pick up our motorhome on the same day Thursday 12th of November, so it's not quite the best start of our full timing life.... hey ho there you go eh!
Won't the motorhome dealer be closed? They should be according to the rules

Dec 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We're being kicked off of the winter season pitch we booked in Suffolk šŸ˜­

Looking at alternatives at the moment, if anyone knows of alternatives in the region would be great?

Last edited:

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We are new to full timing this year and would appreciate names of locations that will remain open if anyone has details.

We do have sites booked until mid Dec but not sure if they will be able to honour these
Where about? We had one that put us up in the last lockdown. Has a few full timers in motorhome and caravans - Wigan way

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Hi Rosemary, thanks for your message, information and help, it really is appreciated. We are currently in the South West.

After numerous calls and enquiries yesterday, it appears we may well be sorted until 3rd December, I will find out for definite today.

Dave

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Iā€™m a full timer staying at the moment on a CS in Essex. Everyone is being told to stay at home. Thatā€™ll do for me as this is my home, and has been now for some time.

Is there any clear documentation on the legalities surrounding fulltiming and campsites/affiliated sites during the forthcoming lockdown ?

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
This may be of interest posted a short while ago re The Metal Bridge Inn, Carlisle, a very generous offer
3A1E9152-131A-4186-B07A-249C99A5D69C.jpeg

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Iā€™m a full timer staying at the moment on a CS in Essex. Everyone is being told to stay at home. Thatā€™ll do for me as this is my home, and has been now for some time.

Is there any clear documentation on the legalities surrounding fulltiming and campsites/affiliated sites during the forthcoming lockdown ?

Not sure about official documentation, but the site we are staying at has been asked to inform the local council with our names and confirm we have no permanent address in the UK. We have signed a letter to this effect

Emmac0023

Free Member
Jul 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie

Last lockdown I was on a CL in Hertfordshire with a couple of other full-timers. A local reported to the police that we were 'gleefully holidaying' so the dropped by to speak to us. We explained we were full timers with no other home to go to and that the farmer was happy for us to stay. The policewoman was lovely and said as long as the farmer was happy that was fine. We stayed for the entire lockdown...no problem.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
A local reported to the police that we were 'gleefully holidaying' so the dropped by to speak to us.

Some people lead sad little lives.

During the first lockdown I thought I might get reported for smiling while walking a dog

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back