Full timers needing a temporary home (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well this will be a test for our motorhome communities to come up with ideas for the full timers to stay on private land.
In our case we live with our sons family who just had their second baby last week. In our wisdom we decided to leave two weeks ago to stay on a site with the purpose to sit it out in virtual isolation. Thinking this would work for them and us but now will probably have to return.

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
We are in Worcestershire which is our local area for Doctors etc...been on club sites all winter now going to be homeless...anyone with anything in the area can accommodate us...obviously not expecting anything for free...just safe....don't want to end up in a layby now thanks to Club sites decision

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i am not suggesting this happens but it seems that when 'travellers' occupy an area, it takes ages for them to be evicted ...... closing a site that doesnt have a warden and has no need for day to day maintenance AND telling people to leave, seems not to be in the public interest ..

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
We full timed for three years and it never crossed our minds to worry about this happening.
I'm sure they're not alone either.
Wish I could help.
There is a small private site up here in Lancaster that has a few motorhome places and a few statics. Don't know whether they can help but might be worth a try
Broken Link Removed Blea Tarn Caravan Site

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Where will the tribes of travellers end up? I can see "slightly miffed of Tonbridge" spluttering in his cornflakes at a horde of them stuck on his village green for the foreseeable future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back