Full timers looking for a pad, check this out... (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Posted on
Free, wanted and for sale items in halifax
Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/167173103345464/
23844690_10155607435505568_2586990137427743325_n.jpg

Immaculate Atlas Image Super 37X12 2 Bedrooms 2003 Model. Price reduced to £20,000 for quick sale
£20,000
Mowbreck Park
One of the nicest & well kept static caravan you will see. It really is immaculate inside & out. Set in a beautiful sunny all year round location of Mowbreck Park. Selling due to illness. Absolute bargain at £20,000. Top of the range caravan on quiet country park.
Can live there for 50wks of the year. From the 16th-30th of Jan can stay in your van during the day but can`t sleep. You don`t pay council tax.
Site fee`s are £2300pa which you can pay in 2 instalments & £600pa for water & electric. Got 6yrs before the van is up for review. Site owner as said in present condition would have no problem giving it another 10yrs.

Double glazed, central heating, full PVC Decking. Own car parking space, Big garden at the front & 2 side gardens.
All furniture included except 2 marble tables & a tv.
Loose Seating, Fridge Freezer, Washing machine, Microwave & more,

Situated just six miles away from Blackpool and Lytham St Annes, Mowbreck Park is set in the former grounds of the Earl of Derby’s estate, a delightful rural location in the heart of the Fylde countryside.

About this home
Complete with double glazing and central heating, this home provides a spacious and well appointed retreat for you and your family to enjoy.

Large windows to the front and side ensure the lounge is bright and airy. There is 1 standing sofa accompanied by an leather armchair, which gives a modern touch to the living space. The corner TV unit is ideally placed for a night in front of the TV, whether you are watching the soaps or a film.
The full length decking to the side also adds more living space for enjoying the summer sun and has space for outdoor dining furniture for alfresco dining.

As you pass through to the kitchen, there is a breakfast bar that sits 4 opposite the U-shaped kitchen. It has modern, white units with stylish handles. There is a washing machine and under-counter freezer included, larder cupboard and a shelf for your microwave. There is a range cooker with extractor fan above and it is more than suitable for preparing a family meal.

The bedrooms comprise of one double room and one twin. The main bedroom has a connecting door to the family bathroom, storage aplenty with bedroom cupboards, tall wardrobes, a dressing table with drawers and a chest of drawers too. The twin room a tall wardrobe and draws at the end of the bed.
In the family bathroom there is a small bath with over-head shower, WC and wash basin.

Any questions just ask.
Regards
Matt Simpson

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Anyone seriously considering going down the static caravan route please ensure you read all the T&Cs from the site before committing, especially the costs when you come to sell in the future as there is often a 15% commission payment to the site when it changes hands.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Static home site we stayed on in the rv had a strict 15 year policy, after that your off.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, some of them have lots of rules which need studying carefully like you have to buy your next home through them and it is usually 10-20 grand overpriced etc.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It says 6 years till review.
Anything could happen as no gurantees you can stay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Would t have posted this on someone's advert but seeing as others have, static caravan is the worst thing anyone can get mixed up in ,bar none:(
£3000 a year just to go to the same old place over and over:Eeek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Surely no Funster would buy a place such as posted above WITHOUT reading the site's Terms and Conditions?

JJ :cool:
You'd be surprised ... if you don't ask to see them the sellers often 'neglect' to tell you the cons, just the pros. Unless you've bought one before, or know someone who has, you'd likely be unaware of some of the hidden costs involved. Not all static caravan sites are the same though, the one we had a static on didn't have a commission on sale/purchase at all, not a thing, but that is very, very rare.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Would t have posted this on someone's advert but seeing as others have, static caravan is the worst thing anyone can get mixed up in ,bar none:(
£3000 a year just to go to the same old place over and over:Eeek:
Depends on what you want and how you want to use it, some people use them for a while and rent them out at other times to offset the ownership costs, others stay in them all the time (site permitting) and just vacate at the closed period - that's what happened at the site we had ours on which had 11 month residency permitted, it was like a village rather than a holiday park. If people need a base but don't have the funds to buy a house etc these can make very, very good homes.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Absolutely right Mel. Some of the agreements are very tight and restrictive and virtually incomprehensible. If you are serious about the purchase get a lawyer involved.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You'd be surprised ... if you don't ask to see them the sellers often 'neglect' to tell you the cons, just the pros. Unless you've bought one before, or know someone who has, you'd likely be unaware of some of the hidden costs involved. Not all static caravan sites are the same though, the one we had a static on didn't have a commission on sale/purchase at all, not a thing, but that is very, very rare.
Don't see where it says it can be rented out, rent could be £3000 this year could be £4000 next year , site owners have you by the short and curlys , you can't move it off , just have to grin and bear it , might say it's ok for six years until you have signed up, could be a different story next year.
I know we have disagreed over this before @Minxy Girl but it really is the absolute worst thing we ever got into.
Ended up giving ours away , because they said it was too old but in perfect condition. Where can you move it to , they have you over a barrel . We found out later they export them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Absolutely right Mel. Some of the agreements are very tight and restrictive and virtually incomprehensible. If you are serious about the purchase get a lawyer involved.
No need to get a lawyer involved at all, just read and make sure you understand the T&Cs, not difficult but you do need to do it and not just rely on the seller or site owners to tell you which is where a lot of people go wrong. Someone we know bought one on a residential site many years ago and didn't realise about the 15% selling fee as she hadn't read the T&Cs ... came as quite a shock! People tend to think 'oh, it's only a caravan' ... yes but it can't easily be moved to another site if you find you don't like it there/the terms ... its a bit like those who buy a large heavy motorhome but then don't realise they need to have a certain category of driving licence to be able to drive it, or need a payload that's usable ... but people still do it!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Don't see where it says it can be rented out, rent could be £3000 this year could be £4000 next year , site owners have you by the short and curlys , you can't move it off , just have to grin and bear it , might say it's ok for six years until you have signed up, could be a different story next year.
I know we have disagreed over this before @Minxy Girl but it really is the absolute worst thing we ever got into.
Ended up giving ours away , because they said it was too old but in perfect condition. Where can you move it to , they have you over a barrel . We found out later they export them.
Not a disagreement, just different opinions that's all. You had a bad experience and I don't know the exact ins/outs of what happened.

I people go into it with eyes open and make sure it is right for them then there's nothing to be afraid of, its when people get into it that don't have a clue that tend to fall foul. As for the rent, they can't put it up willy-nilly nowadays as it has to be clearly stated in the T&Cs how much it can go up by each year, usually a percentage or with inflation etc, same with other charges, any reputable site will have this clearly set out and as with all things if you are unhappy with any of it then walk away, there are plenty of sites to choose from.

Don't forget that the £2,900 includes the site fees, electric and water so only extra would be gas and insurance - if you had a house how much would you pay for services etc there? If it was your sole residence you'd have to pay Council Tax but that wouldn't be a massive amount. All I'm saying is don't dismiss this out of hand as an alternative to a 'bricks and mortar' home or a holiday home, if that's what you want. If you do rent it out obviously this would alleviate some of the cost - this site does allow them to be rented out I've already looked.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think anything like this has to be looked as as buying a caravan not a house. You would then expect devaluation over time and uncertainty over being able to park it on someone elses land over time. The problem is some see it as a permanent home so are suprised at terms and conditions they have not properly researched. On the right site I can see the attractions if you don't have the money for a house but it would need very careful planning financially not the least being if you sell up and use the cash for this and a motorhome (for example) where do you live in 10 years time and how do you afford to replace it?

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
No need to get a lawyer involved at all, just read and make sure you understand the T&Cs, not difficult but you do need to do it and not just rely on the seller or site owners to tell you which is where a lot of people go wrong. Someone we know bought one on a residential site many years ago and didn't realise about the 15% selling fee as she hadn't read the T&Cs ... came as quite a shock! People tend to think 'oh, it's only a caravan' ... yes but it can't easily be moved to another site if you find you don't like it there/the terms ... its a bit like those who buy a large heavy motorhome but then don't realise they need to have a certain category of driving licence to be able to drive it, or need a payload that's usable ... but people still do it!

Back in 2005 I was asked to review one of these documents and it took a lot of time to unravel. If these agreements have not changed significantly I would not expect everyone to fully understand what they are reading. Just my opinion based on limited experience.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Back in 2005 I was asked to review one of these documents and it took a lot of time to unravel. If these agreements have not changed significantly I would not expect everyone to fully understand what they are reading. Just my opinion based on limited experience.
When the change to how they could charge for electric came in a lot of sites had a re-think as to how they did it and therefore amended their T&Cs and brought them up to date. If anyone doesn't understand something they are buying/committing to they need to get clarification ... no excuse for not doing so albeit easy to get carried away when looking at a nice item ... I know many do it with motorhomes! :rolleyes: :D

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I don't want to keep on about this, but we knew exactly what we were getting into at the start, but not what was going to happen at later dates, rent up every year, assurance that it would be ok for ten years til we had it two years, and the owners changed , promises that there would be a new swimming pool never got anywhere nearer after the five years we were there, insurance up every year , had to be through them, having to go to the same place every year because it seemed a waste to go anywhere else when the van was standing there empty, renting out was a nightmare everyone seems to think you will let them have it for nowt, then you have to go to clean up.
Oh I could go on all day, but I have been through all this many times , every time anyone mentions statics I just cringe.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The abolition of 'Selling Fee' was going through Parliament before the last election. I recall watching the debate on TV.
Was that one of the proposed laws that hit the buffers when we voted?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Buyer beware still holds true. I suspect its the same sort of market as timeshares rosy tinted specs and no financial advice.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
As I said before you have to read and understand the T&Cs - if you aren't happy with them at one site then look elsewhere if you want a static caravan, as not all sites are the same ... some are actually owned by honest reasonable people! :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back