Full timers, FLT’s, or just struggling......interesting! (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its a massive movement toward living on the road.; that will have major repercussions for the recreational use of motorhomes. Just google #vanlife and you'll see how massive it is. Tens of thousands of youngsters as well as a few old uns living on a road near you very soon.

Reactions: DBK

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It runs in (some of) the family...

FB_IMG_1507035355469.jpg

"That's my girl..."

JJ :cool:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We parked near a Vauxhall Astra estate in Kempston near bedford, with cardboard on all windows, so must be sleeping in it and probably doing as the bears do in the trees on the edge of the park.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
But WTF is gender neutral ?
Google's your friend

gender-neutral
adjective
  1. suitable for, applicable to, or common to both male and female genders.
    "gender-neutral games and toys"
    • denoting a word or expression that cannot be taken to refer to one gender only.
      "gender-neutral terms like flight attendant, firefighter, and police officer"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Google's your friend

gender-neutral
adjective
    • denoting a word or expression that cannot be taken to refer to one gender only.
LOL I was joking !

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Just read an item in current Private Eye that a certain Calum James who identifies as "a heteroflexible pansexual solo polyamorous relationship anarchist". I've spent several hours trying to work that out and am no wiser.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Seriously thinking of living in the van,

........don't fancy paying the rent on one of my own flats:doh:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Just read an item in current Private Eye that a certain Calum James who identifies as "a hete:xrofl:exible pansexual solo polyamorous relationship anarchist". I've spent several hours trying to work that out and am no wiser.
I think thats what we would call a Wabbit?

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I think the meaning is a bit deeper than that, poly means more than one (crikey it may mean a parrot) so he may uses a different hand depending on which way he is leaning (metaphorically or not).

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just read an item in current Private Eye that a certain Calum James who identifies as "a hete:xrofl:exible pansexual solo polyamorous relationship anarchist". I've spent several hours trying to work that out and am no wiser.

It happens when an Albanian tree monkey gets inadvertently crossed with a Czechoslovakian skunk bunny. It's quite sad.:cry:
That's the shorter version.:)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
That’s the whole point me old china! You wouldn’t pay yourself!! Would ya!! Hence a free flat,,,, lol
Still the tax to be paid to someone, somewhere.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
It Ben going on for years the rise of the Internet and socal media dramatise it a bit more.
The is just more folks aware of it now with digatil photography and interweb
Slow news days and things like that
bill

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Google's your friend

gender-neutral
adjective

Funster?

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I wonder if the number of people living in motorhome etc has gone up in line with population growing and it’s still the same % of the population as before. Also I wonder how many work and live in their caravan/motorhome etc for say the summer season. The security guards at the shows live in motorhome and tents moving from show to show in the summer.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

just had to look it up.. not a new word, first used in 1788 .. and certainly not gender specific.. ;)

Definition of funster

informal
: a person known for joking, having fun, etc. : a comical or fun-loving person Host a "winter doldrums" party and invite your most-fun friends to attend. A pal once told me "dull people do not make a party!" So set a date and invite some funsters over.— Mary HanceIt sounds like a potential return to form for the Farrelly Brothers, the funstersbehind There's Something About Mary.— Curt Holman

First Known Use of funster
1788, in the meaning defined above

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I wonder if the number of people living in motorhome etc has gone up in line with population growing and it’s still the same % of the population as before. Also I wonder how many work and live in their caravan/motorhome etc for say the summer season. The security guards at the shows live in motorhome and tents moving from show to show in the summer.

I’ve met now, in the last 3 years , at least 40 couples/ families that live and work from their motorhome or Caravannes!! Some have houses, some don’t,, a truly great and wide mix of people I have had the pleasure to meet!!

Except for one Or two,,,,,, do ya like daaags!!

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
just had to look it up.. not a new word, first used in 1788 .. and certainly not gender specific.. ;)

Definition of funster

informal
: a person known for joking, having fun, etc. : a comical or fun-loving person Host a "winter doldrums" party and invite your most-fun friends to attend. A pal once told me "dull people do not make a party!" So set a date and invite some funsters over.— Mary HanceIt sounds like a potential return to form for the Farrelly Brothers, the funstersbehind There's Something About Mary.— Curt Holman

First Known Use of funster
1788, in the meaning defined above
Now :Dthat just about sums up this place:sleep::sleep::cry::cry::cautious::whistle:(n):D

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
There are a few over here who have bought an old, cheap motorhome, PVC or caravan and park it on a cheap plot; derelict farm yard or unused sheep pen or orchard. Because it isn't classed as a building they don't have to have a fosse or utilities on site so the rates are next to nothing. Some of the vans have taken root whilst others barely go further than the local shops.

Technically the Maire could have them moved on after a year but they don't seem to bother the van dwellers. Same with the Romanians who do basically the same, but instead of one old, cheap van on site there are four or five brand new Fendt caravans and Merc' Sprinters parked up.

I can't imagine it myself. Even a static caravan wouldn't be big enough for my fishing tackle let alone the wife's shoes. And I can't get this out of my mind.........

lady in van.jpg

:D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back