Full timers, coming to an end (1 Viewer)

Pyke13

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Funster No
my plan is to keep living on the road until I'm to old or I'll to keep doing it, then I'm going to decide where I want a house and present myself to the local authorities' at that point I should be able to be social housed and claim all and any benefits I am entitled to. Between then and now I will have to keep working a month or 6 weeks at a time to fund my travels.
That is assuming there will still be social housing and a benefit system in 30yrs time. If there's not I guess I will be parked where ever I break down or run out of fuel.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Assuming you go to the doctors once a month for your free prescription, that's a full day of your life you lose every 2 years, For the sake of £5.76.
15 minutes travel there, 15 minutes waiting, 15 minutes speaking to the doctor and 15 minutes travel back, obviously that includes parking ect.
I don't have an issue with you getting free medication but is that £2.88 a year worth tying up a doctors time for?
I understand it's your right to a "free"prescription but it costs the nhs a lot more than the £2.40 you claim. Rates need paid, electricity needs paid, cleaners need paid, receptionist need paid and doctors need paid.t

Read the rest of the thread and realise you weren't meaning yourself
sorry, but you seem to be confused. That is not how it works at all. You see the doctor once in a blue moon. he writes a prescription which you redeem at the chemists. If you are on long term medication, it is all done electronically and the chemist will even deliver. some chemists are all online with no shop and post you your months supply of medication

things have changed since the 50s

Pyke13

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Funster No
sorry, but you seem to be confused. That is not how it works at all. You see the doctor once in a blue moon. he writes a prescription which you redeem at the chemists. If you are on long term medication, it is all done electronically and the chemist will even deliver. some chemists are all online with no shop and post you your months supply of medication

things have changed since the 50s

I will take your word on what I was like in the 50's,
I'm only going by the last time I was at the doctors. Went to docs, waited,seen doc, went to chemist, went back to bed cos I was ill. Got better n went back to work. I thought that's how it worked for everyone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I, from time to time, hear people say “ I know of someone that is getting payments from the government ( benefits) and should not, I suspect, be getting them” I have, to my recollection, only heard of 2 people that have asked the authorities to check into it and I am old......very old :)

I wonder how many on here would report such a suspicion.:whistle:
YES me every time if I have proof that they are robbing the system I pay into to help people who genuinely need it.
I have seen more than one rise from their buggy and dance the night away!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
YES me every time if I have proof that they are robbing the system I pay into to help people who genuinely need it.
I have seen more than one rise from their buggy and dance the night away!

You must have been to BENIDORM then,,,BUSBY:D2:D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back