Full time, with older van conversion IH motorhome? (1 Viewer)

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
I think a legal definition of "full timing" is required here.
Try staying in a Travel Lodge once a year.

Then you can quite honestly (and emphatically) say you do NOT live in your van fulltime.

Quite a sacrifice (Travel Lodge) but maybe a work around.

JJ :cool:
I think a legal definition of "full timing" is required here. I think the suggestion along these lines by JJ is a good one. So you can genuinely tell the insurers you are not full-timing.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I think a legal definition of "full timing" is required here.

I think a legal definition of "full timing" is required here. I think the suggestion along these lines by JJ is a good one. So you can genuinely tell the insurers you are not full-timing.
Comfort already have one:

Long Term Touring & Full Timing
13. This policy is subject to the following conditions:
Policyholders must maintain a full UK residence, either through ownership or long term rental agreement
(of at least 9 months) unless a full-timing rate has been agreed and paid.
The address shown on the Schedule must be the one at which the policyholder is on the electoral roll,
(unless a full-timing rate has been agreed and paid) and also the one that appears on the driving licence
and vehicle documentation.
The motor caravan must at all times have a valid MOT certificate (unless not required due to age of the
vehicle) and current UK road fund licence & tax disc.
Should a copy of a utility bill (as evidence of residence at the address) be requested at any time
(inception, mid-term, renewal, in the event of a claim) then one must be provided.

OP
OP
TheBaron
Jul 8, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Oregon
Exp
1yr
Update:

So I have secured 365day insurance with CAMC (Devitt / Axa), the FT words were not asked by them nor mentioned by me! I did ask if any limits on length of trip, and even said I may go for 365day trip away is that ok, to which I was told "yes, no problem".

And my home tenancy runs out in 3mths time, so currently no lies needed, as I do live here still now, its just what to advise them of in 3mths time. But hey that's in 3mths time.

Thanks everyone for advice, seems like you've said I have a few hurdles to learn to cope with..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back