full time touring

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by Ellie, Jun 8, 2018.

1. richard jackson

richard jackson Funster

Ratings:
    +36
    Many thanks for all your advise, can't do much till tomorrow, might have to look at different van, don't know yet, will let everyone know what outcome is on insurance. Thanks once again Rich.

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  2. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

Ratings:
    +2,119

I'm not in the van at the moment so can't check the policy wording but I always thought I was limited to 6000 miles a year hence paying 'only' £845 per year, I will have to check.

Paul

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. richard jackson

richard jackson Funster

Ratings:
    +36
    Hi, have now checked with A I B, they won't cover anything over 10year old, Comfort insurance must be younger than 2005, but Adrian Flux have confirmed this morning that they are happy with the 2004 and the price is for full time, only 180 days at a time Europe but can come back and return for another 180 days.So all good I will go with them .Rich.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +8,717
    Be interested to know what the cover is, mileage, and breakdown etc? Also contents and windscreen.

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. richard jackson

richard jackson Funster

Ratings:
    +36
    Cover is fully comp, got mileage up to 15000, but can extend, 180 days europe, but breakdown only covered 90 so will look elsewhere for that,includes legal protection, £75, windscreen excess, £200 accidental damage excess, £10 windscreen repair excess. Did not take out any personal possession policy apart from standard cover with comprehensive policy, this is for a 2004 nuevo, total cost £650. couldn't get all i wanted but only insurance i could get for 2004 vehicle.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +8,717
    Just a thought for you, assuming you want to be abroad longer.....
    If your renewal date is ( for example) 6 months after you go abroad, then you have that 6 months, renew the policy, and as it’s a new policy you have another 6 months abroad, thus you can get full 12months. You obviously have to return to the U.K. once a year anyway for an MOT, but get the timings right and you can actually be away for most of the year, as the 180 days is during that policy term, so new policy on renewal and the next 6 months kicks in. I did this with a previous policy, and I did check with the insurer, who confirmed that was ok !

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. richard jackson

richard jackson Funster

Ratings:
    +36
    a cunning plan, i like it, now i'm trying to find breakdown cover that matches, best i can see is asda, who would have thought, £134 uk and 180 days europe, restrictions on size and weight but i just get in.Same as with LV i think will try them as well. thanks for your input BreweryDave. All the best Rich,

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Ellie

Ellie Funster

Ratings:
    +49
    sorry for the delay,,,my wife has broken her hip and had a total replacement ...it's put us back about 6 weeks...we can use my sisters address for a c/o ...I did phone Comfort and they were very helpful, their full time insurance starts at £1000 for myself and we have decided to go with them when we purchase our MH...hopefully in the next 2 months ..thank you for your help..

• Like it Like it x 1
  9. Dilbert

Dilbert Funster

Ratings:
    +496
    I got my 2000 Peugeot talisman insured with Asda money ( advance insurance ) 180 days in EU with breakdown cover for about £300 ish.

• Like it Like it x 1
  10. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Ratings:
    +27,425
    Adrian Flux are doing fulltime insurance now and will cover a pre 2005?

• Like it Like it x 1
  11. richard jackson

richard jackson Funster

Ratings:
    +36
    Spoke to 3 different salespeople at Adrian Flux, all confirmed this was full time insurance, and age 2004 no problem, just told me to give a care of address for any paperwork. Got breakdown cover from L.V. Just get in on weight restriction.

• Nice One! Nice One! x 3