Full time Frenglish family in a 2003 CI riviera 181 over cab! (1 Viewer)

BVan

Free Member
Apr 21, 2018
Funster No
Hi, Thank you for accepting us in your forum! Here is mummy Cyrielle, Daddy Gildas, Kate 8yo, Thaïs 6yo and our cat Sevcik 17yo! So we used to live in beautiful Norwich in the UK until last november when we bought our moho, a 2003 CI riviera 181 with over cab on a fiat ducato 2.8jtd base. We got it downplated to 3.5t and went onto our part conversion of the back, turning the side double bed to two small bunks (our kids are smaller than the width of a double), giving them a small play area in the middle with storage under each bed for clothes and a drop leaf desk for home school and lego! It still leaves us with two very large boots that are pretty empty apart from our dometic cfx 40 and quite a lot of shoes! :-D We also converted the classic chemical toilets into separating composting loos and installed our garden water gun instead of the shower head, changed all lights to leds, took the TV and dish off and put a wifi booster on instead and redecorated all the inside. Kids also added a few stickers outside! :)
Then, arrived february and we set off on our tour of Europe! Followed quite a lot of fixing including twice on the toilets! (yep!), changing cab battery, then changing the old dead leisure one by two 110ah ones. we since have ordered 2*100w solar to complete our pre-existing 80w.
Currently we have an issue with checking our battery charge... Be ready, I will ask questions!
Thanks again and happy travels!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Frenglish? So if I go "salut les potos" I'll be understood? Mind you I don't think Cyrielle is English....
Ask away be it in French or English and I'm sure you'll have all the possible answers in return! Don't forget to fully subscribe so you can have more than 5 posts.
Bienvenue sur le forum de FUN

Amicalement
Frankie:)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Welcome! Changing the shower head for the garden hose trigger controlled ‘gun’, is a brilliant idea, and one I will be copying. I would love to hear more about your adventures.
How long do you plan to be travelling? Which counties are you visiting?
Lorraine x

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Welcome! Changing the shower head for the garden hose trigger controlled ‘gun’, is a brilliant idea, and one I will be copying. I would love to hear more about your adventures.
How long do you plan to be travelling? Which counties are you visiting?
Lorraine x
Trigger heads only work on pressure switched systems if you have microswitched pump in tank system the pump will run even when you shut the trigger

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Good luck in all the fun adventures you will be enjoying as a young family.
:welco:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
:pink:.....

Composting toilet in a Motorhome...... that’s a new one on me, it would be interesting to find how you get on with that..:D

It’ll make a chang from the usual black waste thread....:D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome and Bon voyage for your next adventure!!!:WelcomeFlag:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Composting toilet in a Motorhome...

Managed to have one in addition to the usual one last winter when I went to visit my daughter as I needed to wild for 10 days in Rambouillet (next to Paris). Worked a treat and will buy this for next travel. And , before you ask .... No, no flies, not a single smell. Actually much less than with the cassette!!

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Managed to have one in addition to the usual one last winter when I went to visit my daughter as I needed to wild for 10 days in Rambouillet (next to Paris). Worked a treat and will buy this for next travel. And , before you ask .... No, no flies, not a single smell. Actually much less than with the cassette!!

I just have visions of it being in there for a long time and then using it on the vegetable patch...:D2

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We got it downplated to 3.5t and went onto our part conversion of the back, turning the side double bed to two small bunks (our kids are smaller than the width of a double), giving them a small play area in the middle with storage under each bed for clothes and a drop leaf desk for home school and lego! It still leaves us with two very large boots that are pretty empty apart from our dometic cfx 40 and quite a lot of shoes

since downplating, have you been to a weighbridge yet, fully loaded ? If not I suggest you do before hitting the road..

Good luck full timing with the kids.. it's an education.. literally,

we did it for three years with two kids, but in a much bigger motorhome, a 36ft American RV .. and there was never enough space ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back