Full on heating! (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We have a Le Voyageur LVX 850, with Alde heating. The system is definitely off, but the radiator besides the drivers seat, and the rad behind the travelling seat are red hot whenever we are moving. Not so good as we are in Spain at present!
I suspect that there is a valve somewhere on the engine to control water supply to these radiators, but I can't find it! The chassis is a Mercedes sprinter, with a 3 ltr auto engine. It will be 3 years old in November.
Any ideas good folk!
Ainsley

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We have the Alde system on our Burstner. It has a heat exchanger which will heat the water and radiators when travelling.
On our van there is an illuminated switch behind the passenger seat. There is also a tap type vAlve In One of the outside lockers which has to be open for the system to work.
Your layout is bound to be different but I would imagine you will be looking for the same type of controls.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We have Alde and Mercedes, put still no doubt different again to yours

We have a dash switch to left of steering wheel, looks more like a heated rear window switch, but this seems to warm our front bits up from the engine

Probably not a lot of help sorry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
flyboyprowler
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the input. My next visit will be to Mercedes commercials, to see if they have an answer!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
On my RMB there is a heat exchanger in a small cupboard on the passenger side. There is a tap on this to switch the flow of engine water on and off. There is also a dash switch to engage the small pump that circulates the engine water around the heat exchanger.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back