Full hookups, in the desert ??? (1 Viewer)

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
When we congregate in the Arizona desert, there are RVs as far as the eye can see. Everyone is camped on BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land, so the fees are pretty low. Used to be about 14 quid for a month, although it went up this year. This is boondocking (aka wild camping) for the masses.

But, some folks still want the comforts that come with electricity, water and sewer hookups. These two friends of ours solved the problem; They bring along their own hookups. One has to have 50 amps, but the other is content with 20 amps. The guy with 50A even has cable TV hookup, as he demonstrates in the first photo.

Attachments

• 50A.jpg
    50A.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20A.jpg
    20A.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Lucky devils it so nice to be in a country that recognise and promotes motorhomers and their hobby rather than trying to hinder them like the UK.

I loved my time there wild camping and on sites which are much more reasonable than here.

One thing that really tickle me over there was going for a chinese takeaway in my RV:winky::roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
.... going for a chinese takeaway in my RV

Just like my driver picks oranges from the tree (free) when we camp at this place (not surprisingly, called The Orange Grove).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• orange_picker.jpg
    orange_picker.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
We're not always camped in the best of locations. One time we wanted to attend an event at a marina with boating friends and leave immediately afterwards on an RV trip. So, with the kind cooperation of the marina manager, we camped in their trailer storage area. He even had an electrical hookup for us.

Attachments

• Oxbow_stg_camp.jpg
    Oxbow_stg_camp.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Just wondering where all the xxxx (blackwaste) goes when you're hooked up in the desert

Why Tony, it flows through the waste water dump hose that you see in the photos :winky:

Of course, they're fake hookups, but they do turn a lot of heads when people drive by ::bigsmile:

We usually wait until we get to the next campground and dump there, but folks who can't wait can line up at one of the BLM dump stations in the desert. It's a 1-2 hour wait, with RVs lined up as far as you can see.

Another option is a "honey wagon". A guy drives around a small tanker, pulls up to your coach and hooks up his hose to your dump valve. He turns on the pump and it slurps everything out of your waste tanks. He charges $20 or $25 but, if your tanks are full, it saves a long wait at the dump station.

Boondocking for extended periods without the ability to dump really takes some conservation and different habits. Over at the other place I maintain a file of tips and tricks for boondocking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• dump-line.jpg
    dump-line.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 33
  • dump-station.jpg
    dump-station.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
OK, OK, the number one conservation rule when you're boondocking (aka wild camping) is ...... drum roll .....

When you "have to go", visit someone else's RV. That saves space in your black tank and your gray tank.

Rule number two .... if a visiting neighbour asks to go (in your toilet), be hard nosed and say "no way Jose".

Just kidding :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
... nice to be in a country that recognise and promotes motorhomers and their hobby rather than trying to hinder them like the UK.

In our case, the difference is that "public land" is owned by the people, not by HM the Queen, King, or Charlie boy. Why British citizens put up with all this fleecing of the people in the name of monarchy is beyond my comprehension.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back