Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
Can any one tell me or recommend a company to fit air suspension in Scotland or North England.

Thanks

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
The Scottish agent for VB full air suspension is Roseisle Motorhomes at
Whitecraig, just off the A1 near Edinburgh, they are also recent agents for E&P levellers.
I have no experience of them. Personally spending that amount of money, I would travel to Doncaster to SAP, Mick is the acknowledged expert in this, top dealer for VB for past 3 years, my own experience is excellent.
If you want any info please let me know.
Bill

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
another SAP vote, but we are local so makes best sense for us, brilliant reference that folk from north of the border would still drive down to Yorkshire for the work (y)(y)

OP
OP
bilM
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
OK thanks we have friends in Shireoaks so SAP Doncaster would not be a problem.

du162

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
A Clss
Exp
Do yourself a favor and fit the e&p hydraulic jacks too well worth the extra

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
From my experience of full air, E&P levelling is a must. The fact that you are sitting on 4 air bags any kind of wind makes the van rock and roll. I found this out on my last van where I was told the VB 4C Full Air would do the job of both as it can level. I had E&P fitted within a month.
Another vote for Mick at SAP and I don't think Roseilse would be able to handle the size and weight of your van (if its the one in your Avatar)

OP
OP
bilM
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
So E&P leveling a must something to think about. SAP is giving me a ring back to talk about it.
No that's not my van i have now the van in the avatar is the van i had when i was in Alaska.

OP
OP
bilM
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well am going ahead and fitting this lot i was thinking about SAP to carry out install however SAP is a days drive for me so i have found a local shop that is a dealer for VB and E&P.

VB Full Air 2C with Emergency inflation valves ,Front coils as you cant fit air to the Mercedes Sprinter ,E&P leveling system.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We are having air assist fitted to our rear axle and had considered full air. We are on Alko. What put us off the full air was that the original suspension, torsion bars on Alko replaced or leaf springs removed. Not a problem when new maybe but if a fault develops over the coming years, we thought we could find ourselves stranded with no suspension. With assist the original suspension is still there should the air system fail. Maybe just me being pessimistic.
We are having ours done by AS in Warrington.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
You can fit airbags inside the coils , this would give you a normal ride when not heavy and inflate to assist with heavy load , if you fit HD coils you will get a rougher ride when not loaded up .

OP
OP
bilM
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
You can fit airbags inside the coils , this would give you a normal ride when not heavy and inflate to assist with heavy load , if you fit HD coils you will get a rougher ride when not loaded up .

If you are referring to the 2016 sprinter i do not think you can fit air to the front with the VB system or so i have been told by VB dealers.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
VB Full Air 2C with Emergency inflation valves ,Front coils as you cant fit air to the Mercedes Sprinter ,E&P leveling system.

We have pretty much the same as this already fitted, as you say there is no option for full air on the Sprinter, what are you having done at your front end? new coils?

If you are referring to the 2016 sprinter i do not think you can fit air to the front with the VB system or so i have been told by VB dealers.

I think was a classic cross post comment, the reply I think related to the earlier poster with a fear of no suspension (y)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Does he 2016 have McPherson strut type front suspension ?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yes new coils to be fitted

I will be very interested to see how your outfit works out post mods, we have a lot of body roll on ours mainly at low speed on uneven ground, typical of camp site entrances, laybys and similar, I had hoped my rear air would have calmed it down at least, the difference has been almost zero, maybe new front coils could be my answer (y)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
If you want to stop roll then beefier anti roll bar , air on its own will not prevent roll , at pressures that give a good ride . My RV is OE air
and gives a lovely soft ride , and is level even when near its 12 tonne max but thru bends you need to be aware of how it will roll .

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Just remember, All these deduct weight from your payload?. And most sub3.5t vans dont have that much to start with!.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Just out of interest...
If the compressor goes defective on VB full air suspension, does that render the vehicle unusable, or can the air bags be inflated and held at pressure manually?

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Just out of interest...
If the compressor goes defective on VB full air suspension, does that render the vehicle unusable, or can the air bags be inflated and held at pressure manually?
This is what concerned us about full air, being stranded if a fault developed. The coils, torsion bars or leaf springs are removed and the vehicle is only held up by the air bags. No doubt this is a rare occurrence and the systems are designed to be near bullet proof but it still put us off.

OP
OP
bilM
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just out of interest...

Am getting emergency inflation valves fitted as well.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Can't make my mind up whether to fit full air or semi-air with E&P levellers.
It's all a scary amount of money :eek:

OP
OP
bilM
Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well had my van round to the shop for a check over before ordering up the VB air and E&P leveling. Not good news to cut a long story can not fit VB air bags without cutting into my insulation on my water tanks. To fit the E&P leveling i would have to remove the auto step to get out the passengers door. I will give SAP a ring today to see what he has to say. O well £10.000 to spend on some other stuff.:)

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Just out of interest...

DBE3DFD9-D288-4B4B-901E-24CAB55C86BB.jpeg
Mick at SAP fitted me this under our bonnet for emergency back up. Thankfully not required to date!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back