Free Member
Mar 14, 2009
Sahorre, South France
Funster No
MH
Hymer b754
Exp
hi there
sorry, silly question and one i might find the answer to in a manual somewhere, but, i was wondering if anyone knew the fuel tank size on a hymer b754 on the fiat ducato chassis.

i ask because the tank was about 1/4 full (maybe a bit less on the gauge), so, we went to fill up for the 1st time. 36 litres later it was full, the tank would take no more and the needle said it was full on the guage. I cannot believe that it only has a 45(ish) litre tank (as we dont quite know how much was in there before we filled up).

we have a v10 vw touareg that has 100+litre tank on a car, i would have thought similiar on such a big vehicle.

Anyone any ideas? I am wondering if there are two tanks with one filler and maybe some air lock/blockage.

Thanks in advance
Darren

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Well assuming that Hymer do not change the tank fitted to the 2.8jtd chassis and it is the same as the Ducato van, then it should be an 80 litre tank. May be the fuel gauge is faulty.

Upvote 0

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Fuel gauges are notoriously inaccurate, their innaccuracy probably only surpassed by the gauges that tell us the levels in our water tanks.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back