Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Does anyone have any experience of Motoflow fuel conditioners, which are reputed to improve fuel consumption, reduce emissions and extend the life of your engine? They are made by Ecoflow and are sold by independent distributors for between £39.95 and £55 - this company seems to be the cheapest: - Link Removed

They are a magnetic product that are easily fitted, as fuel lines do not need to be cut and they require no maintenance or power supply and, apparently, never wear out.

Money back guarantee if not satisfied so, surely, it must work or Ecoflow would have gone bust years ago? It's a British invention produced by a British company.

Has anyone got one? Would it be worth buying for a 1994 2.5 diesel?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Rob & Val
there is a chap that does these at the shows. Big orange van and a money back promise. I have always been scepticle to be honest. A bit like Nigel ---^^^^^^---- says, why would makers whack them in to cars as the biggest selling point at the moment on new cars, seems to be fuel economy, or in fact do they?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I believe these types of things are like religion. Some people believe in them passionately and many don't.

There was a thread some time back where there was an "animated" discussion about a similar (or maybe the same type device) and the Funster did an accurate mpg test. That device didn't show any improvement at all.

I reckon you are just as likely to improve your mpg by careful driving technique as you are by fitting one of these things...

JJ

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
personally i think its a load of[STRIKE] bollo[/STRIKE] tosh, if you wish to put magnets on your fuel line go to maplins and buy some split ferrite magnets that you can just clip round the fuel line :Smile:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
It's a bit like the manufacturers say that my watch will only lose about 1 second in a million years - who is going to prove them wrong?

There are so many differentials in driving conditions, routines, headwinds, sidewinds, potholes, heavy traffic etc., etc., etc - how could you possibly prove whether you had gained or lost one mile per gallon.

Now if they had a 'tunnel-test' under scientific conditions, by an outside expert authority - maybe, just maybe, I might believe them - but until such times as I see that level of proof - the money stays in my pocket!

Dick

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Had these tested as thorough as I could within my work enviroment and there was quite definitely no savings to be had and boy did I have a battle getting the money back

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Does anyone have any experience of Motoflow fuel conditioners, which are reputed to improve fuel consumption, reduce emissions and extend the life of your engine? They are made by Ecoflow and are sold by independent distributors for between £39.95 and £55 - this company seems to be the cheapest: - Link Removed
They are a magnetic product that are easily fitted, as fuel lines do not need to be cut and they require no maintenance or power supply and, apparently, never wear out.
Money back guarantee if not satisfied so, surely, it must work or Ecoflow would have gone bust years ago? It's a British invention produced by a British company.
Has anyone got one? Would it be worth buying for a 1994 2.5 diesel?
I was involved some years ago with the testing of large magnets on industrial boiler fuel lines. Very sophisticated test rig showed negative results.

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
I had one of these fitted to a car I owned in 1990.
My return journey to work each day was 120 miles at the time.

I found a slight improvement over the first few tankfulls and then paid no more attention to it.
After a few months I checked it again to find I was back to the same MPG.

My conclusion was that when it had just been fitted I was being fuel conscious and driving with economy in mind. i.e. lighter on the right foot...
Once I thought it had proved itself as working and I forgot about it I started driving like I always had and put the MPG back down to normal.

I will not be buying one again.....

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just another scam .. it can't work because there are no magnetic molecules in hydrocarbon fuel .. end of story, it doesn't work, test it yourself with a magnet and some petrol or diesel...

A tennis ball and a glass of water is far cheaper and guaranteed to work.... just place the ball under the accelerator pedal and stick the glass of water on the dash.. drive without spilling .. :winky:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Totally agree with all the above posters, if it worked transport managers would have fitted to commercial transport years ago, as their savings could be fantastic and would get them a big productivity bonus.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you really want one of these 'doesnt make any difference' gadgets, then i have a set in the RV locker.
you pay postage and their yours :thumb:

previous owner must have bought and tried it then took it off as a waste of time and at 10mpg on petrol i can understand the need to try but i'm positive it doesnt work or it would still be connected.

as Jim said, none magnetic molocules cant be affected by magnetism.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Only one sure fire way to get more miles from each gallon that is guaranteed to work every time........:thumb:
downsize to a smaller more frugal motorhome. :ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Only one sure fire way to get more miles from each gallon that is guaranteed to work every time........:thumb:
downsize to a smaller more frugal motorhome. :ROFLMAO:

Don't start:roflmto:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Definitely work, I've had one fiitted to every car I've owned in the last 20 years, oh, and I was gassed in Spain last year too! :winky:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Our local cycle shop has a wonderful sign outside

cant remember the exact words but its along the lines of

Save Fuel

Buy here

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have one on the RV and it's tripled the fuel consumption at least.:Smile:

Bu**er its after 12 noon:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Rob and Val

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Many thanks to everyone who contributed their knowledge and opinions. After much deliberation ::bigsmile: we've decided not to buy one!

Rob & Val

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I have the best fuel saving scheme. I cannot give the iformation away, but if you foeward £10, i will email the saving formula to you.

Thank You

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
And with luck the effects should wear off soon ! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah but not yet, I'm still on cloud 9, United won with maybe a bit of help, Arsenal and Chelsea drop points so all is looking good at the minute. :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back