LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
"A few years ago ???". Well a few years ago it was also 1.52, so according to my reckoning todays rate of 1.15 is on its knees :cool:.
Yes, probably 3 years ago. Got 1.44 last year and ok, it's down a bit but it'll go up and down. That's how economies work. However, if one could foresee
I thought they had a system whereby foreign trucks now paid a levy equivalent to our road tax for HGVs...
Apparently they can pay a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly levy before entering the UK.

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Selfishly I hope that the oil price does go up because the Aberdeen economy is on it's knee's just now and has been for the past year.
My son along with thousands of other oil related employee's lost his job but has now managed to get work offshore Brazil for similar money but working month about which is no fun with a young family. He got back this week after a 5 week trip and I can imagine two very happy little lads going ballistic at the moment!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well that did not take long ! Sainsburys have already upped their prices !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It has to go up anyway as oil is always priced in dollars and as you will all know, that is now down from $1.50 to $1.30 - only forward buying keeping it at the current price. £1.35 might be optimistic.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It has to go up anyway as oil is always priced in dollars and as you will all know, that is now down from $1.50 to $1.30 - only forward buying keeping it at the current price. £1.35 might be optimistic.
That, plus the fact that the price relies on demand vs supply for oil products. Have written about this before concerning the various markets

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Saw £2.45 a litre many years ago in Stornaway !! Was very glad that I had filled up in Fort William and only required a small top up to get me back there safely !! back to Morrisons supermarket where if i remember correctly it was £1.58 a litre !!
The islander's get ripped off for everything !!
& yet the Canaries, where you'd thin k it would be the same scenario, has far lower prices than the Iberian peninsular due to lower tax/vat rates.Still all has to be shipped in though.

However what most politicians do not realise is that the Foreign lorries on the road here, that undercut our rates ALL fill up on cheaper European priced Fuel before they arrive, drive around and go back out without putting too much more in so they use the system to make more revenue.
So does anyone with any sense! :LOL:
on way to stop that i have always sad that haulage company should be charged the comparability cost of dised on the content only on a bunkering card i know it wont work never hapen but we can dreem
bill
Trouble is if you went down that route then they'd want the UK lorries charged toll rates whilst in the Uk, same as using French roads.

I thought they had a system whereby foreign trucks now paid a levy equivalent to our road tax for HGVs...
They do ,you pay on entry.
Selfishly I hope that the oil price does go up because the Aberdeen economy is on it's knee's just now and has been for the past year.
My son along with thousands of other oil related employee's lost his job but has now managed to get work offshore Brazil for similar money but working month about which is no fun with a young family. He got back this week after a 5 week trip and I can imagine two very happy little lads going ballistic at the moment!
If it was me & job was long term I'd be moving to Brazil/closer.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I am still running on diesel I bought in the Morroco duty free zone at 30ish pence per litre. I filled a few jerry cans and brought them back.
Sadly they are all now emptied and my next fill up will have to be at UK prices :crying:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I am still running on diesel I bought in the Morroco duty free zone at 30ish pence per litre. I filled a few jerry cans and brought them back.
Sadly they are all now emptied and my next fill up will have to be at UK prices :crying:
Is that an attempt to get us to feel sorry for you?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Just had 60 Euros worth at .999 per litre on the outskirts of Blanes, Costa Brava, Spain.

Jan 22, 2009
banbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Double edge sword as they say, like the low pump price but working in the oil industry low oil prices means less work, last estimated count over 110,000 lost jobs. didn't see many politicions jumping up and down like they did about the steel jobs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back