LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
i too have no voting pattern i only vote so i can have a voice or i wouldn't due to the fact they are all a waste of space but as for the fuel [HI]dont forget the oil price dropped but the pump price didnt[/HI] and the mh we bought so that as we slow our pace we could reap the benefits of years of hard graft and we can see that being eroded by the constant price rises in motoring and i mean all the rising not just fuel its time we all stood up and let the powers to be know we aint their personal piggy bank
For goodness sake, I don't believe I'm reading this. A drop in the oil price is a saving for the oil companies, not for the government. If you want to blame the oil companies for not reducing prices in such circumstances then fair enough but to have a go at the government because private companies don't reduce their prices reduces the credibility of the argument to zero.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Oil prices will continue to rise and rise until the motor industry produce viable alternatives that are not oil dependant. Watch the oil price fall through the floor then and with it those bloody awful sheiks in the Arab world.

Hope I live to see it:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Cant argue with any of that.
Good on ya.
I too dont vote one way or the other "cos me dad did" either.
Vote for what I see as the best at the time.
Unfortunately there is no best at the moment.
Come the Revolution.......:thumb:
We both agree that neither are in favour of partisan voting. Presuming you voted in the last election, it hasn't taken you long to become disillusioned with your choice. Did you not anticipate the difficulties that any incoming party would have. The country was destitute the draws were empty. The proof was in the note left.....See Attached.........http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8688470.stm

Personally on this occasion I voted for a Tory government and apart from a few niggles, I don't have a problem with my choice.
Could I be so bold as to ask who got your tic and what they have done to upset you so much in such a short time. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Tax who, Graham?
Agricultural vehicles should be taxed for a start, as should "vintage" vehicles. They use the roads as well as others.
There are more than motorists, smokers and drinkers to tax.
Pet owners for instance, dog owners in particular.
There are thousands of the things shitting and slobbering all over the place.
If folk can afford to keep a dog, surely they can afford a small tax burden of say £200 per year per dog?
We hear folk bragging about how many hundreds of pounds they pay for these shit machines, how can they object to paying up?
Imagine the income to the exchequer.

Or

[HI]How about taxing any numpty who, two years down the line, blames the previous government for everyything.[/HI]
(Second thoughts, not workable....some folk would have no conversation in them.)

Cant argue with any of that.
Good on ya.
[HI]I too dont vote one way or the other "cos me dad did" either.
Vote for what I see as the best at the time.[/HI]
Unfortunately there is no best at the moment.
Come the Revolution.......:thumb:
Now are you absolutely sure about this non-partisan voting John.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Voting

over the years people have fought hard and some died to get and preserve the vote and liberty that we enjoy and we should all vote even if we don't like any of the parties in power. Try living in the middle east where some don't get the choice to vote!!
I voted UKIP this year in our local elections. Not because I support UKIP but do agree with some of their views. It was my protest vote but I voted!!!the turnout was only 35% If one doesn't vote--don't complain about who's in power!!

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
over the years people have fought hard and some died to get and preserve the vote and liberty that we enjoy and we should all vote even if we don't like any of the parties in power. Try living in the middle east where some don't get the choice to vote!!
I voted UKIP this year in our local elections. Not because I support UKIP but do agree with some of their views. It was my protest vote but I voted!!!the turnout was only 35% If one doesn't vote--don't complain about who's in power!!

Sorry but...........YAWN!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Obviously you don't include the wonderful, kind, understanding... Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan... Treacle!

JJ :Cool:

No of course not JJ::bigsmile:

Just some of them.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
graham i didnt blame the government for fuel price not going down when oil did i was just stating a fact that it didn't and as for you not having any preference in voting it certainly sounds like you are for this present bunch we all know people have to be taxed but stop using the motorist as their cash cow

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
graham i didnt blame the government for fuel price not going down when oil did i was just stating a fact that it didn't
Your statement "i only vote so i can have a voice or i wouldn't due to the fact they are all a waste of space but as for the fuel dont forget the oil price dropped but the pump price didnt" links government(s) to the price drop with no reference to oil companies. How else is it supposed to be read?
and as for you not having any preference in voting it certainly sounds like you are for this present bunch
My personal voting preferences have received no mention in this thread and are, in any case, irrelevant to the argument as fuel tax is an instrument traditionally used by governments of all parties
we all know people have to be taxed [HI]but stop using the motorist as their cash cow[/HI]
We're going round in circles. For the last time, most of us these days run vehicles and if tax is not levied on road fuel it would have to be collected from most of us in some other way.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
well on this subject best we agree to disagree lol

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
graham i didnt blame the government for fuel price not going down when oil did i was just stating a fact that it didn't and as for you not having any preference in voting it certainly [HI]sounds like you are for this present bunch[/HI] we all know people have to be taxed but stop using the motorist as their cash cow
You are making it sound like a crime. So which bunch are you in full agreement with. Maybe the bunch who just a couple of years ago left this country bankrupt. Is it short memory syndrome or are in favour of a one party state:whatthe:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
we all know they are all in it for themselves they dont serve us in anyway no matter what party it is they all bash the motorist no matter who is in we can all pick fault with them all the last lot left us skint the new lot are taxing us to the hilt to pay back the debt but i think they are taxing the easy to hit fuel tuition fees etc etc etc and everyone also forgets we didnt vote this lot in they voted themselves in by doing a deal even though they are both on different sides and disagree with nearly ever policy they both have or had that alone tell you something regarding the governments and i mean them all because lest we forget labour was also trying to deal with the libs to stay in power

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Do you know what is really sad ?

Over the years I have known personally a good few folk who ended up as MP's.. All bar one went in to politics with the best possible motives and intentions.. All ended up using the system for their own ends..
They did not mean to.. they got sucked in and brain washed ( pretty much ) to believing the same sad old crap was what they really wanted..

The problem is human nature.. We all tend to be influenced to some extent by our peers

Perhaps it would be better if MP's suffered pier pressure.. At least we might get a better ice cream !! LOL !!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Do you know what is really sad ?
Over the years I have known personally a good few folk who ended up as MP's.. [HI]All bar one went in to politics with the best possible motives and intentions[/HI].. All ended up using the system for their own ends..
They did not mean to.. they got sucked in and brain washed ( pretty much ) to believing the same sad old crap was what they really wanted..
The problem is human nature.. We all tend to be influenced to some extent by our peers
Perhaps it would be better if MP's suffered pier pressure.. At least we might get a better ice cream !! LOL !!
Could it be that your many acquaintances who were striving for higher office were keeping their true intentions or motives under wraps until they reached their goals. Becoming an MP is a very competitive process, you have to be seen to be what the voters want you to be, not who you are.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back