Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have just opened my nationwide bank statement and the there is a deduction of 73.50 euros. I know the pplace as it was by the big Commonwealth war grave where my uncle was recorded when he was killed in WW1.
There is a supermarket in the village that has fuel so I filled up there but when I put my card in it said the card was not valid so I removed it and a voice said something very fats that I did not understand then the pump started. I filled up and wondered what it was about so went into the shop and the woman on the till said to pay her in euros, which I did. I have paid twice now and there was NO receipt from the shop. Hence no evidence and the nationwide cannot do anything with out the till receipt so I have been had. I will be VERY CAREFUL form now on as this looks like a fiddle on the shop assistants part, She knew exactly how much and said it was correct, when I asked again what was happening.
Live and learn I suppose. £65 lost there.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I’d have thought that two transactions at the same time (virtually) for the same amount would be more than enough for the Bank to issue a refund, else, out the transaction into disrepute by calling the bank

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’d have thought that two transactions at the same time (virtually) for the same amount would be more than enough for the Bank to issue a refund, else, out the transaction into disrepute by calling the bank
He paid in cash with no receipt, which I belive is illegal in France (no receipt ).

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Several scams in France. We were once caught at a smallish supermarket, we bought a medium size shop paid with a card, after going back to the site we thought the bill was a bit high and checked it, found we had been charged for a DVD we had not bought, and did not have. No point going back to complain, we could not prove we did not have it when we left. We now check every bill before we leave the shop.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have just opened my nationwide bank statement and the there is a deduction of 73.50 euros. I know the pplace as it was by the big Commonwealth war grave where my uncle was recorded when he was killed in WW1.
There is a supermarket in the village that has fuel so I filled up there but when I put my card in it said the card was not valid so I removed it and a voice said something very fats that I did not understand then the pump started. I filled up and wondered what it was about so went into the shop and the woman on the till said to pay her in euros, which I did. I have paid twice now and there was NO receipt from the shop. Hence no evidence and the nationwide cannot do anything with out the till receipt so I have been had. I will be VERY CAREFUL form now on as this looks like a fiddle on the shop assistants part, She knew exactly how much and said it was correct, when I asked again what was happening.
Live and learn I suppose. £65 lost there.

Have Nationwide actually told you they can do nothing without a receipt? If they have I would question that as many fraudulent transactions have no receipt, its the nature of the beast. When people look at their statements they know its a transaction they didn't make and they know they haven't got a receipt . Nationwide will know the exact time both the payments went through and they will know if you entered your pin for either . Presumably you didn't at the pump as you removed it when you were told it wasn't valid.

Dont let it go, be insistent. Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We were at a restaurant in Carcassonne and paid about €70 at the outside table but she said it was out of range and the payment wasn’t accepted so went inside and did it again, a couple of hours later while driving up through France Sharp looked at her Revolut statement on her phone and discovered we’d been charged twice (she has her phone on silent so didn’t check phone) luckily we keep the little cards that restaurants give you with the bill and she called the restaurant.

The lady on the phone knew exactly who we were and said she noticed soon after we left that we had been charged twice and glad we called, now for some reason she couldn’t just refund on the card so we gave her our bank details and she said she would go to the bank and pay us tomorrow ... as the sceptical me said that’s the last we see of that...!

Next morning in the bank ....(y)
:france:

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Did you enter your PIN ?
yes it started OK then at the end seemed to reject it, Nationwide said it was perfectly OK and went through It was my fault as I couldn't understand what was gabbled back to me , the woman in the shop said it had not gone through so I had to pay her in cash which I did. I thought had it not gone through then the police would be stopping me further up the road and charging me with fuel theft, there seemed to be no receipts from either source.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
yes it started OK then at the end seemed to reject it, Nationwide said it was perfectly OK and went through It was my fault as I couldn't understand what was gabbled back to me , the woman in the shop said it had not gone through so I had to pay her in cash which I did. I thought had it not gone through then the police would be stopping me further up the road and charging me with fuel theft, there seemed to be no receipts from either source.
Nationwide said they would need the receipt from the shop which wasn't forthcoming. one cash and one card. I will write to the shop ans see what happens, it might have been a mistake???????????

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Several scams in France. We were once caught at a smallish supermarket, we bought a medium size shop paid with a card, after going back to the site we thought the bill was a bit high and checked it, found we had been charged for a DVD we had not bought, and did not have. No point going back to complain, we could not prove we did not have it when we left. We now check every bill before we leave the shop.
Could be a mistake we went to ALDI at home last weekend they put 3 quilts (on special ) through rather than 2 spotted it when still at the till just after we paid so got a refund.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It normally comes up on screen asking how many receipts you want 1 or 2 ? Never worked out why ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back