Fuel Gauge at Zero (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
I took the MH for an MOT a few months ago and noticed that the fuel gauge did not move off it's stop. So I put £50 of diesel in so I didn't run out and happily it later passed the MOT. Today I took it for a service and again the fuel gauge didn't move off it's stop. I again put £50 because I had for gotten about the MOT many months before!
Thought I better get around to fixing this as it is going to get some use before long. To cut a long story short, it wasn't any of the usual suspects - fuel float stuck, bad connection on top of tank, fuse or relay. Strangely enough the low warning light would go out and the computer said 511 miles until empty.

I finally got to the 'it must be the dash' thought. Took the dash out (4 screws) and found some clips on the top, bottom and side that allow you to remove the clear front. Removed that and gave the fuel needle a twist. There was a click so I plugged the dash back in. All worked! Looks like the needle just got stuck in the home position. Free fix.....and my tank is full of fuel :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back