Fuel Duty..................... (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
:winky:

1194989548506685753no_u_turn_sign_01.svg.med.png

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it would have been silly to have increased it

It would have been silly to increase it.. the economy is at a stand still, and adding another burden to the working Joe or companies by putting the fuel up by 15p a gallon was madness.

It may be a U turn.. but at least it is the 'RIGHT THING TO DO' as so often said by Brown... and Cameron these days. It is still the highest cost in europe.

We need to see vat reduced in general to kick start the UK... perhaps save a bit of the silly Olympic expenditure... another white elephant... like a millennium dome.

Bob:Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
til january, when it will go up twice as much :Angry:

Surely not, John. The philanthropic private sector will cancel all the PFI debts to offset the shortfall won't they? Just after the UK is renamed Cloud Cuckoo Land :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
if they can rename Big Ben then they can do anything

Surely not, John. The philanthropic private sector will cancel all the PFI debts to offset the shortfall won't they? Just after the UK is renamed Cloud Cuckoo Land :ROFLMAO:

I wonder how much it has cost ... man hours and there must be a sign or two to change Big Ben the tower at the end of the house of Commons to the............. Queen Elizabeth Tower.

Bonkers.

Bob:cry::cry::cry::cry:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
You can be sure they will get it back another way that they dont shout quite so loudly about.

It will be interesting to see what happens to fuel duty/road tax when toll roads are introduced nationwide......probably nothing will change except it costs you more to travel on the same roads that were not toll roads before :Doh:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If a Government sticks to it guns it is called, Heartless, stubborn pig headed etc etc etc. "It doesn't listen to the people"

If it updates it's views or changes its mind it is called weak, directionless, spineless etc etc etc. "it has no plan and is a U turn government".

Ever thought that they may just have considered the economic situation and decided it would be sensible not to raise the tax on fuel at this time? A bit of common sense????? Nah me neither:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Damn, I am glad I am not in politics. The public are so hard to please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
totally agree Gromett

I've always worked on the principle that no decision is the wrong option - as long as when the decision is proved to have been a bad one then it is changed accordingly

lets not forget - a decision can only be based on the facts and circumstances at the time...if those change then the decision has to change..which they have on this particular case

I'm not saying that i agree with what the government decides and plans all of the time, but do have a respect for the sense to change direction when the original plans aren't working. Especially when you get a media frenzie that only looks at the action and not the reasons...

But then again certain decisions have to be pushed through no matter what...at the end of the day 'we the people' dont have all the facts that these decisions are based on..

Yup - don't envy the politicians, but then again it was their career choice::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back