Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I am having problems with watt I think is drain back but I don't know
I get the van to start after a lot of cranking it starts seems like the system is not staying pressured up
my thought are put none return valve NRV before the lift pump in the fuel line would this cure the problem as I think NRV in the lift pump has packed in
what do you think
bill

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I had something like that on an old Volvo that had a rubber priming button on top of the filter housing. The rubber had a small split in it that let air in and allowed the fuel to drain back to the tank.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Have you got the fuel filter with the priming rubber button on as that is a known spot that eventually goes ?
An inline rubber bulb would stop run back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
not sure which engine you have, but if it is a mechanical pump one then a good place to look is the rubber leak off /return pipes that come off the injectors. they can be prone to swelling/splitting over time and therefore allowing air into the system . regards garry

Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
Had the same problem on a mercedes common rail. Turned out to be the tiny rubber seal on the pipe connection to the pump had gone brittle with the heat? Of course I started at the other end looking for it!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back