Fuel availability in Northern France (1 Viewer)

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Can anyone advise what the situation is regarding the availability of diesel in the Potier
area and further South, we will be crossing from Newhaven to Dieppe on Sat. 28th January and intend filling up in Newhaven area before crossing rather than being unable to get fuel around the Dieppe area so I would imagine I will be needing fuel around the Poitier the following day which will be SUNDAY 29th not the best day of the week for finding fuel stations which are open to start with, but was wondering how far into France the strikes are affecting fuel stations, any help or advice would be welcome. Many thanks all.

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
We drove up through France filling up near Dijon Sunday and again at Gravellines near Calais on Tuesday no problems, but on the A26 we saw at least 3 signs before service stations saying fuel closed, maybe for some other reason though as we didn’t stop .

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I’m not sure that anyone’s current (mid December) fuel availability experience will have an relevance to your late January travel plans!

Did you mean late December? Even so, a lot can change in the space of 10 days.

Folks on here are pretty good at reporting problems so keep an eye on the forum a few days before your departure.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gwyntaxi

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
No, not late January, Late December 27th, thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back