Fuel at dunkirk (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Can anyone help, we were booked on Dfds Dover to Calais, but they have put us on Dover to Dunkirk as their is a 2 hour delay for Calais. We usually fill up in Calais so not sure what is available in Dunkirk, also need somewhere to park for a few hours, usually go on the aires in Calais. Getting on the ferry in an hour so help would be much appreciated.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
There is an Auchan market with petrol station a few minutes drive from the port.
Going to Auchan from the port, you have to pass the main supermarket entrance and turn right at the next set of lights.
Aim for a pump with a straight through passage - whether it is pay-at-pump or cash-at- office - avoiding any tight corner exits.
At one of these ( and I cannot remember which) the "cash" pump on the right has a very sharp turn as well as a roof projection to avoid. So pay at the pump and keep straight and you should be ok.

There's a Super-U on the other side of the estuary at Gravelines - (nearly into Grand Fort Philippe) if you are stuck. It's about 8 or 9 miles from the port so obviously not your first option, but the fuel is as cheap as anywhere.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, We usually park in DFDS terminal car park at Dunkirk, 1st roundabout off ferry 2nd exit looks as if you are going back on the boat, never had a problem there.
:rain: Terry:rain:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
D601 or N1 road from ferry terminal towards Grand synth Auchan fuel on right hand side, if you miss this at traffic lights turn left carrfour along this road. You.can joinN225 A25/E42 FREE motorway to Lille if heading south.:thumb:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I agree about parking at the terminal, never had a problem
As far as fuel is concerned, if you have a sat nav just plug in nearest fuel stop?

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
If you fancy staying somewhere other than the ferry car park, I'd recommend the aire at Broken Link Removed Free, just outside the ramparts of an old town with some decent bars and restaurants. Around 25 minutes from the terminal, and rather more interesting that its car park!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I thought we'd blown the fuel storage tanks up before the evacuation? :Blush:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The Cora supermarket at Coudekerk has a petrol station but be careful of their canopy, it is low on the exit side. I had to reverse out when I tried it in my Dethleffs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back