Fuel additives (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Does anyone use fuel additives that work, as I now have an mpg draining Top Box I need all the help I can get for my big August tour ::bigsmile:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Does anyone use fuel additives that work, as I now have an mpg draining Top Box I need all the help I can get for my big August tour ::bigsmile:

You'll hate me for this but to increase mpg................................... lose the top box and carry less.

Norman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You'll hate me for this but to increase mpg................................... lose the top box and carry less.

Norman

naahhhhhh don't be silly Norman.. that's far too much like common sense .. :RollEyes:

this is the OP who said that in the grand scheme of things a few mpg lost due to a top box was a drop in the ocean to him .. now he's crying about it .. :Doh:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jul 11, 2011
Helmsdale
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1990
Lucas Additives

After nearly 40 years in the motor trade there is only one range of additives (both oil and fuel) that I would recommend and that is Lucas.

These American products really do work and I use them in all of my vehicles. The fuel treatment is very effective in cleaning the fuel system, lubricating the pump (very important as the sulphur they have removed from diesel acted as a lubricant) and generally improving the combustion process.

The oil additives are also great in both engines and transmissions.

I now run a company that acts as a buying group for over 500 motor accessory stores and factors around the UK and Lucas is one of our top sellers. If your local accessory shop or motor factor doesn't stock it then you can buy online at www.lucasoil.co.uk.

Try it and I know you will use it forever more (and no, I'm not getting a commission on sales I'm just a very enthusiastic Lucas user!). :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have to agree with most of the comments above and spout the same claims for another American/South Afican product,
Not ususally available at any retail outlets, but readily available at a lot of Garages "Forte" Fuel treatment, 1 for petrol 1 for diesel engines
Very simular to the other by the look of it. It also works, we use it daily and can see the improvments it makes on our Gas Analyzer test during MoT testing
A clean engine is an efficiant engine:thumb:
Would I claim better MPG the above comment says it all
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back