Ftc (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi All the experts on fuel economy and performance.
I was saw this in a magazine , has anyone tried ftc pellets and had any good results.

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
It has a money back guarantee supposed to be a special mix of rare earth metal alloys and you just pop them in your tank up to 1000cc and up to 6000cc
Described as one time treatment just pop it in the tank.
Don't think I would risk it and curious if anyone has

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Quite a lot on the Internet was indorsed by the late Michael Winner

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Quite a lot on the Internet was indorsed by the late Michael Winner
His background is in TV/Theatre I believe? Not chemistry or combustion engines.

The only claims I have seen regarding their operation is that they contain tin which they say is a catalyst.
If it is a catalyst that improves the performance of fuel. Then why don't the petrochemical companies perform this chemical reaction prior to shipping the fuel? The first one to do this would get a lead on the market. They would be shouting from the rooftops with claims such as "Used by top F1 teams"...

There is no scientific basis that I can see for their claim and there is no peer reviewed papers. Nor actual measured (quoted) figures for improvements in test vehicles.

They appear to be relying on purchaser confirmation bias.

I could go on.. But don't really want to waste time on this.

As I said before. Absolute Hokum.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
His background is in TV/Theatre I believe? Not chemistry or combustion engines.

The only claims I have seen regarding their operation is that they contain tin which they say is a catalyst.
If it is a catalyst that improves the performance of fuel. Then why don't the petrochemical companies perform this chemical reaction prior to shipping the fuel? The first one to do this would get a lead on the market. They would be shouting from the rooftops with claims such as "Used by top F1 teams"...

There is no scientific basis that I can see for their claim and there is no peer reviewed papers. Nor actual measured (quoted) figures for improvements in test vehicles.

They appear to be relying on purchaser confirmation bias.

I could go on.. But don't really want to waste time on this.

As I said before. Absolute Hokum.

Dear Mr Gromett
Your succinct and well researched observation could hardly be considered 'wasting time' as I for one lean heavily upon your regular pearls as they are cast before me.
As for 'Hokum' as defined in Wikopedia...trite, sentimental, or unrealistic situations and dialogue in a film or other work. the observations have come full circle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Yes Bailey Bus they are on other forums BMW, Mercedes owners forum so someone must be buying them, interesting opinions on piston heads as well

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Yes Bailey Bus they are on other forums BMW, Mercedes owners forum so someone must be buying them, interesting opinions on piston heads as well
Yup but to be fair, most of the comments conclude on the hocus pocus side :xblink: Don't think I'd want stuff rattling around in my fuel tank or worse still reacting in my fuel tank and the piston heads thread suggests they only "work" up to 2000cc engines.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back