Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Phoned up Frank Pickles as insurance renewal had come through

Spoke to a woman Hi its Gail member of motorhome fun can I speak to Barry please.

Barry has always dealt with me and I have promoted frank pickles on here before.

Oh no he's too busy.

When should I call back then?

Another day

Apparently he is too busy dealing with new customers to speak to an existing one.

If thats how they treat people calling about insurance renewal perhaps considering taking business elsewhere is in order.

Looks like now we will be finding someone else to insure with.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Management speak

I think that sounds like "management speak" ie: Barry dont work here anymore!:RollEyes:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Frosty frank pickles - I thought it was a new recipe from Delia!

I always prefered Wilfred myself.

Attachments

• Wilfred Pickles.jpg
    Wilfred Pickles.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 10

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
what you think is best often is no longer best

It is a case of what you think is best is often no longer best. You just think it was.

Bob:Blush:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Bob is that Dutch or double Dutch:ROFLMAO: we know what you mean I think:whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Phoned up Frank Pickles as insurance renewal had come through

Spoke to a woman Hi its Gail member of motorhome fun can I speak to Barry please.

Barry has always dealt with me and I have promoted frank pickles on here before.

Oh no he's too busy.

When should I call back then?

Another day

Apparently he is too busy dealing with new customers to speak to an existing one.

If thats how they treat people calling about insurance renewal perhaps considering taking business elsewhere is in order.

Looks like now we will be finding someone else to insure with.

This would certainly have put us off! Sounds as if they don't want the business:Blush:
We're with Safeguard, they've were great when we got thumped in the side last year.......at least they have the decency to call you back when required:thumb:

Having worked as a receptionist/telephonist for 12 years, I get a bit annoyed about how businesses answer the phone, it tells you a bit about how they're going to be later on methinks:RollEyes:
Good luck with finding someone suitable:thumb:
Margaret

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Last year I tried Pickles after seeing how it had been "bigged up" on this site, initially it seemed the deal until I compared the cover I was getting already with Caravan Guard, I stayed where I was!!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
My cover with Safeguard has only gone up £7 on last year so still happy

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Judging by what's been said on these posts I think Frank's business could be in a real "pickle" if he doesn't change his attitude to his customers:roflmto:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
It sounds to me like Barry is busy though! Think about it, if lots of existing customers have always dealt with Barry and phone up and ask to speak to him then he is always going to be busy. He can't really be expected to drop what he's doing just to talk to you can he?

We get this quite a bit, phone rings and Jackie answers it "hi its Joe blogs here can I speak to Dave please?"

Jackie: "I'm sorry he's busy under a motorhome can I help?"

"No thanks I want to speak to Dave"

"What's it about then"

"I want to book my van in for a service"

Well I can do that for you as I organise the diary"

"but I want too speak to Dave"

"I'm sorry but he's busy and I'm not going to drag him off a job to talk to you about booknig a service 'cos he'll just hand you back to me, I organise the diary and book jobs in not Dave"

And so it goes on.

D.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm surprised at the apparent problems with Frank Pickles.

We went to them for cover last year, which was arranged with Highway (part of LV). When the van was smashed both Frank Pickles and Highway were most helpful and completed the claim pretty quickly considering the time of year and complications it presented.

Frank Pickles Barry

Free Member
May 16, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Clarification

This thread has been brought to my attention from a member of motorhome fun.

I would like to clarify a few points, firstly I do still work for frank pickles !

Secondly, we as a business are set up to deal with existing policies in a prompt manner, we currently have 7 people working on existing clients and only 2 working on new business we always take on board that an existing client is just as important as a new client and the way our office is set this should reflect in prompt service from whoever you speak to.

I would like to speak to every person who asks for me but in reality if that were to happen I would have to work 24 hours per day.

I hope this helps to clarify why I was unavailable when you called.

Thanks

Barry

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years

I would like to clarify a few points, firstly I do still work for frank pickles !

Secondly, we as a business are set up to deal with existing policies in a prompt manner, we currently have 7 people working on existing clients and only 2 working on new business we always take on board that an existing client is just as important as a new client and the way our office is set this should reflect in prompt service from whoever you speak to.

I would like to speak to every person who asks for me but in reality if that were to happen I would have to work 24 hours per day.

Thanks

Barry

Thanks for the time taken to explain Barry.

Unfortunately whoever spoke to me was uninterested in why I was phoning and treated me as if I was an unwanted telephone salesperson.

As a suggestion for the future, if there are 7 staff dealing with existing clients why not put in renewal documents something along the lines of Mr. X or Mrs Y etc is your assigned existing client customer relations officer etc

As you had always done ours previously we had no reason to think you wouldnt deal with us yourself again this year.

You are welcome to pm me if you wish to discuss it further

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
That explains everything Barry apart from one of your customers was not treated very well or spoken to properly in her opinion that WILL lose you customers

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We changed to FP last year after our current insurers wanted a kings ransom at renewal, due to us having a no fault claim, (attempted break in) (failed).( New cab window and habitation door and surround required claim cost about two grand). We think under the circumstances we were given a very good deal.

We spoke to Steve that time. Quite by chance I suppose, we spoke to him again when our then insurance brokers wanted to double my car insurance premium due to the claim on the motorhome!! He arranged cover for us at aproximately the same price as we had paid the previous year for the car insurance so obviously got our business

A month or so after renewal the turbo blew on my car and I decided to buy a new (to me) car rather than spend a couple of grand replacing the turbo. It was one of the lady brokers we spoke to that time details explained to her policy updated all at NO COST to us.

All I can say as a very satisfied customer is that we have been treated well by FP regardless of who it was we dealt with!!

Big :thumb: :thumb: up to them from us!!

Pete

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Thanks

Barry

Your time to post on here is appreciated Barry, but, as someone else semi-mentioned ( If that is possible ! ::bigsmile: ) it in no way explains why one of the 7 people you mentioned appears to have been verging on the 'rude and obnoxious' when dealing with a customer

I would, with all due respect, ( gotta love that saying and its implied connotations ) suggest a little further training may well be worth investing in if it stops people copping the hump and spending their hard earned elsewhere

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
That explains everything Barry apart from one of your customers was not treated very well or spoken to properly in her opinion that WILL lose you customers

From experience we know that by the time this has happened it's too late the damage has already been done:Angry:
We had a similar thing happen last year when we called a large, well known manufacturer to chase something up for us. The girl on the phone was rude and gave us the impression she couldn't be bothered to deal with the enquiry. She then went on to make a rude remark to a colleague, assuming that this hadn't been heard by me. When I challenged her on what she had just said and asked for her name she said, Mary Jane, after I came off the phone and gave this a bit of thought, I decided to phone back and asked to speak to the office manager regarding her rudeness.
The office manager said they didn't have a Mary Jane and the plot thickened:Angry: Eventually the whole story got to the "boss" of the company and the girl in question was severely reprimanded for her behaviour.
Fortunately the matter was dealt with to our satisfaction in the end and we received a full apology by letter from the MD of the company.
Sometimes companies get to the point where they become so busy, that losing a customer here and there doesn't really matter to them.
Bill

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Insurance don't you just love it ::bigsmile: Just rang FP for quote on my L200 pick up--they do not cover them SEMI POLITE :Smile: next rang Sure term,could not come close to renewal (£316 with legal cover) then rang Direct line--Name add dob etc, exact date you purchase vehicle? I told her aprox-no good sir get log book and look,Isaid not to hand but if quote was good I would get date for her so carry on,cannot do that,why I need exact date to carry on.I told her I would not carry on paying for the call and hung up :winky: Filled form in on line first thing that stuck out was APROX date of purchase ?::bigsmile:QUOTE CAME BACK @ 950 QUID SO WILL NOT BE INSURING WITH THEM. I await there call :winky:
terry

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Terry have you tried NFU? I would have thought L200 was right up their street
Broken Link Removed

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry have you tried NFU? I would have thought L200 was right up their street
Broken Link Removed

Cheers jhorsf,tried them this morning along with 4 others :winky:NFU are not taking any new business in our area :cry: Probably down to diesel/land rover thefts from farms around here.EDIT-At least every body has been very polite this morning.
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back