Front swivel seats in fiat ducato ci (4 Viewers)

Chris rushton

Free Member
Nov 5, 2016
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato ci
Exp
I have brought the fiat ducato motorhome but I am uncomfortable with the driving position . the seat won't lower enough and the wife can't reach the pedals at all! when she is a passenger she has to use the peg bag to rest her feet on! could I use none swivel bases to reduce the seat height? thanks for any help.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Welcome. I will refrain from suggesting a taller wife may help

As far as I know, the regular van seats could be retro fitted, someone here will know

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Yes they can I've done it -no problem at all to do to fit swivel base which in fact raise the seats some 30 mm approx. I wanted to lower ours but the leisure batteries are housed under the seats. It would be no real challenge to lower the base box for the seats if you do not require the void for anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris rushton

Chris rushton

Free Member
Nov 5, 2016
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato ci
Exp
Yeah. one of the leasure batterys is under the drivers seat. I think I'll pay a visit to the breakers and measure up.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I'd be surprised if you needed new seats. Most just have a swivel plate fitted between the base and the seat slide. Unbolt it and take out the swivel. (providing you check room left for leisure battery, connectors for seat belt electrics etc)

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Do you not have the two little handles recessed on the base side which allows for the seat to be tilted?
It took me a while to discover mine.
Regards
Nik.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I couldn't drive or be comfortable as passenger til I discovered the tilt handle - really makes big difference to us short legs!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I wonder if the convertor changed the seat mounting for the lower version.

Link Removed

The swivel adds around 30mm.

OP
OP
Chris rushton

Chris rushton

Free Member
Nov 5, 2016
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato ci
Exp
Cheers one and all. I knew there was a front adjusters but I have only just found the rear one! I can now leave the drivers seat as it is but the passenger seat has no adjusters at all so, I will remove the swivel plates on this one only.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We had a CI with the swivel pan tilt zoom pump up seats for 7 years. The wife is 4 foot 11 (she claims 5 foot but nobody believes her) and no trouble whatsoever with reaching the pedals. There was a tilt option but we certainly never used it after it was set up (if we ever did set it up) it was just a slide when we swapped driving.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As know , my wife Rosie is vertically challenged so we have one similar to one of these :-

Amazon product ASIN B001MS70F2
In front of the passenger seat , if that helps ,

Dare i suggest Platform shoes when she is driving ...

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
S'alright for you shorties ;). I fitted a swivel to my seat, thinking that the extra inch or so in seat height would help. Then I found that the top of the windscreen was just a bit too low for comfort, the sunvisor was useless as if used I couldn't see far enough ahead to be safe, and I was looking through the bit of windscreen above where the wipers hit.

To cap it all no one was using the swivel seat once we were on site, so out it came again. Seat is shoved back as far as possible and it on a high setting but still just not *quite* enough legroom for comfort I find.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
My wife is 4'10" I put a piece of 18mm high density foam under the carpet on the passenger side, she never has any problems with pedals when driving.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We carry a plastic folding step, (ÂŁ5 from IKEA), which my wife uses to help her get in and out of the cab as she has two artificial knees, and finds the first step up too high for comfort.

A piece of string attached allows it to be pulled up after use or lowered when getting out. It stows neatly in the door pocket.

When travelling, if she wishes to raise her feet, she simply puts the step in front of her in the cab. Easy Peary!

We have not resorted to removing the swivel base as, when the seat is turned rearfacing, it is just the right height for her to place her legs on the dinette seat.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I think there is enough interest to form a group of motorhomers with vertically challenged wives !

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
SWMBO is vertically challenged and I obtained a small toolbox which is the right height for her to put her feet on for comfort. It contains pegs and awning tie downs etc.
She doesn't drive the MH anyway so I had to pay extra to have her removed from the Insurance. (the insurance company won't pay for recovery in the event of a driver being unable to drive, if there is another person present who could)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Interestingly, I reckon the swivel seats in our Ducato X290 are slightly lower than the ones in the previous X250?

I'm not sure if the swivels are a Fiat option original equipment, or whether they are installed by the converter? I'd suspect the former?

In any case, I'm a tad short of legroom now, but at least the top of the windscreen doesn't obscure my forward vision so much... ;)

Anybody else noticed a difference?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Like others, we have a small plastic fold up step thing that Woman uses ( when she has not got her feet up on the dash !! )

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Like others, we have a small plastic fold up step thing that Woman uses ( when she has not got her feet up on the dash !! )
I reckon my wife would like to do that as she always used to travel with her feet on the dashboard before she started to have joint problems.

We have videos of crossing the Millau bridge, driving the Ardeche Gorge and travelling through the Picos de Europa with her feet figuring prominently in the foreground.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Just a quick public information broadcast, but I've been to several collisions over the years which have involved horrendous injuries to passengers as a result of them having their feet up on the dashboard at the time. One was a car with five occupants shunted from behind on the motorway. Driver and three rear seat passengers all uninjured. Front passenger who had been travelling with her feet up on the dashboard ended up in a wheelchair for the rest of her life having broken her spine. I wouldn't recommend it.

Deleted User
I'm a little bit short, only a little mind. Problem I have is to reach the pedals when driving have to pull seat fully forward, but then my shins are hitting the plastic moulding:(
So I make Nige drive mostly. I usually sit crossed legged in passenger seat to avoid my legs dangling :)
Blood pain at toll booths as well as my arms match the rest of me :D

Lin :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back