Front Fog Lamps - No warning light (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

Whilst trying to sort out my dodgy fuel gauge issue, I came across a faulty 10 amp fuse under the bonnet of our Ducato based Hymer. Now despite two new bulbs being fitted (they worked at the time of fitting) to the front fog lamps a while back, , and very little usage since, they haven't been working for some time.........until I replaced this little 10A fuse. :whatthe:
The Fiat manual places the front fog lamp fuse on top of the relay, under the lower dashboard. This isn't so in my case.

Anyway, having got my front fogs working again, I noticed that the green warning light wasn't illuminated on the instrument panel. I disconnected the speedo cable at the gearbox and withdrew the binnacle to gain access to the bulbs at the back. I swapped them over into different circuits to test them all. They are all okay.

I unplugged the multi plug for the warning light and fuel gauge circuits, and the replaced it again. Still no green light.

Does anyone know please, why the warning light for the front fogs won't illuminate?

My last thought is that it could be a faulty switch on the upper dashboard. Any more ideas please?

Thanks in anticipation,

Jock.

gj1023

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
1 week lol
I assume you have the main headlights lights on , when you switch the fog lights on ?

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I assume you have the main headlights lights on , when you switch the fog lights on ?
Hi there,

Yep, ignition and headlamps on, (although the fogs will operate with side lights only).

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
You need to find which wire in the multiplug feeds the bulb and check that is getting feed?

If it is then it is probably a broken track if not then it it a broken connection somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
You need to find which wire in the multiplug feeds the bulb and check that is getting feed?

If it is then it is probably a broken track if not then it it a broken connection somewhere else.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for that.

Cheers,

Jock.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Are you going to Newark/Lincoln meet?

I have a great tool you can borrow for finding faults in wiring.

If it's a broken track it should be able to be repaired by soldering across the break or using a piece of wire.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Are you going to Newark/Lincoln meet?

I have a great tool you can borrow for finding faults in wiring.

If it's a broken track it should be able to be repaired by soldering across the break or using a piece of wire.
Yes thanks, we are going to the Lincoln "End Of Season Show" on the Fun lines. Thanks for the offer.
The warning light worked when both blown bulbs were replaced, but it's not now. :Sad:

The track appears to be on a very thin and flimsy circuit board, attached to the multiplug socket. I'd have thought that soldering may melt that. :whatthe:

My main reason for wanting the warning light to work, is so that I don't inadvertently leave the blooming things on all the time, as that is a pet hate of mine. :Angry:
Sad, I know. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Its not sad jock it's just good driving manners.

If you want to borrow the tool just let me know and I will arrange a meet, no problem.

If you use a small enough wattage soldering iron it wouldn't hurt BTW.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
If you want to borrow the tool just let me know and I will arrange a meet, no problem.

If you use a small enough wattage soldering iron it wouldn't hurt BTW.
Thanks. Lincoln would be good if you are going, but I didn't see you name on the list.

Hopefully, I'll have sussed it by then.

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back