Friendly Traffic Warden (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Visited Cockermouth last week and drove into the town looking for parking. Either missed a sign for the Warwick road coach park or there was a sign missing. Ended up parked on a street and placed my disc on the dash. Just after leaving the van met a traffic warden and asked him if I was okay there. The guy was really helpful and said I should be in the coach park but told me just to leave the van where it was, even though I was over the marked bay. Got back to the van later, no ticket. Congratulations to Allerdale Council, a human disguised as a Traffic Warden.

Bill

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Visited Cockermouth last week and drove into the town looking for parking. Either missed a sign for the Warwick road coach park or there was a sign missing. Ended up parked on a street and placed my disc on the dash. Just after leaving the van met a traffic warden and asked him if I was okay there. The guy was really helpful and said I should be in the coach park but told me just to leave the van where it was, even though I was over the marked bay. Got back to the van later, no ticket. Congratulations to Allerdale Council, a human disguised as a Traffic Warden.

Bill

He coudnt have come from Cumbria.
Jim
:winky:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I suppose there has to be one bad one in every bunch :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We've got a great Traffic Warden in Wiltshire, HE OWNS A MOTORCARAVAN and understands the problems we have to endure.

Never got a ticket from him!!!!!

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

Bill

Talk about people being in the wrong jobs!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Rare as hens teeth.

I parked in london once to pop into a library and asked the Warden if I would be ok where I was for 5 minutes. He said "no problem". Got back to my car in 3 minutes to find a ticket and no warden to smash over the head with my renewed library books.Grrr

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I think Weymouth ones have to be the worst - most of them are in the same family, so probably explains things......BUT you can actually get a parking ticket, for being on a slipway, whilst launching a boat to put it on it's mooring, which you pay a huge fee for!

I even had a parking ticket once for being on my driveway...no joke! They did quosh that though after I had a word with them and explained in no uncertain terms, that I owned the land, and would park what i wished on there.

Good ones are hard to find, I did find one in Poole, Dorset. We parked the motorhome home up in a loading bay as to not block anyone, or cause an obstruction - it was a bank holiday and no-one was making deliveries.

I asked the warden when I found him, he said it was fine by him, but the guy he was swapping shifts with at 3.30 hated motor homes, so make sure I was gone by then.:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Was listening to radio program phone in on parking tickets in London and a traffic warden came and said he would book anybody if parked illegally, and was quite proud of the fact that he had booked a Hearse on its way to a funeral with coffin, and would have got it clamped if he could have in time before it moved, won't say what I, or radio presenter thought of him, but was not complementary.

Just shows the difference

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back