rossinut

Free Member
Jun 8, 2014
sussex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hi I am a newbie, and this is my first post..... my husband and I have just purchased our first motorhome ( a ducato lifestyle) just wanted to ask some of you that have experience with these things about the fridge ,after reading the user manual, it seems that the fridge can only be used while the engine is on or if it is switched to gas you can only use it in certain areas, how do I keep things cold and why would there be a freezer box if it cant be on all the time, am I missing something lol, .... any help and advice would be welcome many thanks::bigsmile:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You either run it on gas or mains 230volts. !2 volts is for on the move only or it would flatten your battery very quickly.
Gas must be off in hazardous areas like petrol stations
A feezer will stay frozen for quite a long time with the door shut.

EDIT welcome to the forum and FUN

Last edited:
Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi rossinut

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of motorhomes.

The information that Techno100 gave you is of course correct but i notice that it took 4 minutes for you to receive your reply which is just not good enough:ROFLMAO:.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not sure what type of fridge you have but many can be switched to automatic and will flip to 12v , Electric . gas depending on what connected to the van or the engine running.

if its not auto then you will need to get used to switching it when you stop or move on.

Welcome :thumb:

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:fatbuddha:

I put the fridge onto mains hook up at home (240v) and put a bottle or two of frozen water (from the home freezer) into the van fridge the day before we are due to set off. That way the fridge is cold and ready for any chilled food.

Van fridges running on gas are generally not as efficient as domestic fridges something you may wish which to remember.

We also turn the gas off when travelling - I know some say it isn't necessary - but if the gas is off when you leave you don't have to remember to turn it off before going through a tunnel or on a ferry or at a fuel station.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back