fridge problem (1 Viewer)

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
Hiya,
The fridge on our motorhome won't work at all. Tried it on mains,then gas then leisure battery, its not having any of it at all, it just won't turn on when you press the on/off button nothing happening. what do you think the problem is please?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am sorry to say that if it is not working on mains at all then it will not work on gas or 12V.
are any lights on showing it does indeed have power to it?
If it is an old fridge then turning it upside down for a while may sort it if the chemicals have separated. Otherwise it sounds like it has had it, has it ever worked, when did you last use it, the exhaust outlet is not blocked is it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nannas-boy

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Funster No
Hiya,
Thank you for your replies, the fridge is a Thetford N145 AD L. Its 7 years old. We last used it in October, and it was fine then. No there is nothing lighting up at all. Where abouts is the exhaust so maybe I can check that, as a last resort before we have to think of a new fridge. Oh no (can do without that option really !!). Thank you for your help

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Start with the basics, if there is no life check the 12 volt side, fuses, battery etc. Many fridges of this type wont function at all if there is no 12 volt as the 12 volt drives the control functions, whether on gas, ehu or 12 volt (if you have it) when driving.

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am sorry to say that [HI]if it is not working on mains at all then it will not work on gas or 12V. [/HI]
are any lights on showing it does indeed have power to it?
If it is an old fridge then turning it upside down for a while may sort it if the chemicals have separated. Otherwise it sounds like it has had it, has it ever worked, when did you last use it, the exhaust outlet is not blocked is it?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. not sure about this Roger... My Hymer fridge worked on gas and 12volts but not on mains... the 240volt heater element had to be replaced...

JJ :Cool:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back