Pudsey Bear

Free Member
Jun 28, 2008
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Not had this van long and I know the gas side of the fridge has problems, so for the shake down run I put it on 230v overnight and it froze the two two litre bottles of water in the freezer bit, we put the bottles in the bottom bit and went away with a cool bag as well and we were fine.

A couple of weeks later I did the same thing but this time although the back of the fridge got hot at the top of the chimney, but the fridge stayed ambient, I've tried the same thing a few times but it isn't working now.

Any ideas?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We had fridge problems with the freezer staying OK...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
does your fridge have a thermistor, it looks like a little block of chocolate with two wires attache. It will be clipped onto the cooling fins. It senses the fridge temp. If that packs up you fridge wont get cold, whichever power source you use.

OP
OP
Pudsey Bear

Pudsey Bear

Free Member
Jun 28, 2008
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Hi Bessy I honestly don't know I'll see if any of the info I have mentions it, but it's a RM7630L 2007 or earlier, would it have had one then?

OP
OP
Pudsey Bear

Pudsey Bear

Free Member
Jun 28, 2008
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
It does have other problems, the gas lights but won't stay on, but I can't find any info on a thermistor.

I assume you mean the fins at the back of the fridge not inside? I'll look later to see if I can see anything like you describe.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Ours is the RMS8400 and there's no thermistor it's a trusty old mechanical thermostat with the phial clamped to the evap ❄️ 👍

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Re: Gas problem.
Give the wires a push in the grey box at the back they may be loose I rewirded ours using computer cables they were loose on the 4 way strip. These are thin cables low voltage so you won’t get a shock.
Also gently pull of the cables of the gas valve and give the spade connectors a clean with fine glass or emery paper.
Unscrew the gas burner assembly and clean where it pushes into the flue with glass paper.
Made a hell of a difference to the gas lightning time, lights on the first tick of the sparker.
I have also replaced the gas valve that was sticky and wouldn’t let enough gas through at times. Got that from Amazon cheaper than anywhere else.
Hope this may help you fix part of the problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back