Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
I won't mess about with gas appliances because I don't know enough about them to be anywhere safe enough. My fridge is /can be on automatic for all 3 sources of power, EHU, battery & gas. It works fine on EHU & battery but wen it switches over to gas you can hear the gas burner on all the time & it isn't cooling the fridge.
Any ideas before I take it in.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Or book it in for a service if like me you are not confident or comfortable with fiddling (y)

When was it last serviced, or how old is it BTW

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AndyV

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
It was last serviced in Feb 2017 supposedly, when I bought it . There are plenty of links on how to clean the gas flue, so if that's all it is I can quite easily check it without having to fiddle about aimlessly.
Thanks guys if it's something more complicated it will go back to the dealer.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
The last "professional" I used to service a gas appliance left it not working and leaking gas, mains electricity will give you a nasty shock, but the bill from a "professional" is worse. If it just needs a clean you cannot make things worse.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
It was last serviced in Feb 2017 supposedly, when I bought it . There are plenty of links on how to clean the gas flue, so if that's all it is I can quite easily check it without having to fiddle about aimlessly.
Thanks guys if it's something more complicated it will go back to the dealer.
Are you certain he also cleaned the flue when he did the service? I would expect the flue to be fine for 5 years or more after having a good clean. Of course the amount of gas usage will determine that and also how clean the gas is but to clean it twice in 2 years would be the first time I've known this to be required.

OP
OP
AndyV

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
Unfortunately its not the flue, has me baffled. So back it goes.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
My fridge was playing up at the Kirkby Lonsdale THS last month. Running on gas but the freezer started to defrost. I took the lower vent cover off, and like yours, the gas was on all the time. It was burning with a blue flame, but wasn't "roaring" like it normally does. I removed the little tin shield from in front of the burner, undid the screw that holds the burner to the flue and disconnected the gas pipe, taking care not to loose the gas jet. I gave everything a brush with our small dustpan brush and blew down the burner. As soon as I got it back together, it fired up with the familiar "roar" and has been working fine ever since.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back