Fridge not working on gas (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Hi we're away at the CCC site in Canterbury. Before we left I tried to put the fridge on gas and it wouldn't light. I've had a quick look and I think it is a fault with the ignition. We have hook up here so not worried but I'm going to sort it when we are back home. Does anyone know how to get the facia off?
20190914_095833.jpg

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
not familiar with this fridge, but here's a couple of things to try.
Open the fridge door and there might be a couple of screws you can get at below the facia ? The ignition module is most likely on the back of the fridge though ?

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
If you have tried all the usual checks it could be similar to a problem I had with my dometic fridge. It wouldn't stay lit on gas and was a problem with the control unit in behind the fascia. I was told it was rather pricey to replace said part so just bypassed it and fitted a new button to use gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I've only had a very quick look but I think it's the ignition, I need to test the button and also the 12v supply before I start looking at anything else. It will wait until I have time after we get back. I have a list of faults to put right. It's only our second trip in this van and we have found a few things that require attention.

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Quick update thanks Jockaneezer there are screws under the front. After removing the cover I found the ignition unit not working I looked for the wires, to check the input, but no wires there. It turned out to be a battery unit and after I replaced the AAA battery it works fine. No mention of a battery in the instructions and I've never seen one before, also the battery cannot be replaced without removing the facia. Looks like "job creation" by the manufacturers.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
The battery in ours can be replaced without taking off the facia. Push the igniter button fully in twist it, and it should pop out like ours. Sometimes needs a little blob of blue tack on your knob.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back