Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
2D8B790C-6BE5-40F3-A903-C2CD22427D2E.jpeg
C8BB26A8-8E82-4C18-BF68-9AEE70C1DF18.jpeg
No 12v to fridge when engine running . Wiring , panel switch and wiring checked between fridge and charging unit under passenger seat. My last thought charging unit wiring is duff or engine running relay defective. However cannot identify engine running relay on fridge supply . See photos ! Can anyone help to identify the relay . Van is a Hobby 750 .

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you search against the model number you should be able to find installation instructions which will identify where the 12v comes in. There will be a permanent 12v feed as well but you want the engine triggered one. You can then get someone to blip the throttle and check if there is any voltage. This will help locate the fault.

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Thank you will check this out but maybe someone has had the same issue or has the same van !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
On our Burstner, on a Fiat base,, there is a 20 amp fuse on the +ve terminal of the engine battery that protects the 12v to the fridge.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Note; continuation of old (July 2018) thread.

@spitfire did you resolve the problem? My Dometic fridge won't work on 12v - on auto select it just switches to gas (no hookup available just now) and if I try to select 12v manually the fault code shows no engine running signal. 2007 Ducato 130 multijet by the way.

The fridge manual just says change the fuse but none of the Fiat manuals give me a clue as to where it might be. I'm going to check the battery terminals first, as per above, but there's three more fuse boxes, not to mention several relays. I had the fridge out a couple of months ago so I'll recheck those connections as well.

Anybody got any other ideas? I know from @PhilandMena post that it could be the 12v element gone but I can't tell if it's working or not because the fridge won't let me select 12v.

In N. France at the moment butI'll be home in the next couple of days so it's not a big problem. However if it's a simple fix then so much the better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Note; continuation of old (July 2018) thread.

@spitfire did you resolve the problem? My Dometic fridge won't work on 12v - on auto select it just switches to gas (no hookup available just now) and if I try to select 12v manually the fault code shows no engine running signal. 2007 Ducato 130 multijet by the way.

The fridge manual just says change the fuse but none of the Fiat manuals give me a clue as to where it might be. I'm going to check the battery terminals first, as per above, but there's three more fuse boxes, not to mention several relays. I had the fridge out a couple of months ago so I'll recheck those connections as well.

Anybody got any other ideas? I know from @PhilandMena post that it could be the 12v element gone but I can't tell if it's working or not because the fridge won't let me select 12v.

In N. France at the moment butI'll be home in the next couple of days so it's not a big problem. However if it's a simple fix then so much the better.
So far sorry but haven’t found the problem so we plod on !!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
none of the Fiat manuals give me a clue
They won't, its nothing to do with Fiat.
It won't be in any of the Fiat fuse boxes.

Unless you have one of the modern over complicated power distribution centers the fuse and relay will be near the engine battery either under the bonnet or under the seat.
It will be a standard 30amp automotive relay.

If you have the over complicated, over expensive, unreliable, over sensitive and unnecessary electronic control panels I'm afraid you're on your own.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back