Fridge N150

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by Darren, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Darren

Darren Funster

Ratings:
    +35
    My fridge has suddenly started roaring when on gas. It has always been silent when on gas but now you can hear it roaring away inside the van and it sounds. Like a jet engine when outside by the vent. I have changed the burner bar and cleaned the flue but it’s still roaring, is there anything else I should be checking?

2. The gasman

The gasman Funster

Ratings:
    +312
    Roaring sounds like it may be lighting back. check any filter around the air intake check, / clean the injector also the burner and mixing tube. Is there any soot inside the burner? Check the gas supply union to the burner is tight and not leaking, use leak detection fluid or if you haven't got any, mix washing up liquid with water and use that on the connection to check for leaks. If still faulty don't use it until it has been checked by an engineer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Darren

Darren Funster

Ratings:
    +35
    Thanks for the info, where is the filter situated?

4. The gasman

The gasman Funster

Ratings:
    +312
    I don't know your model. If you have a filter it will be a metal gauze type around the air intake. Can you watch the flame? Lighting back is when the flame is inside the burner, this is normally caused by air flow problem or because the gas is lighting at the union to the burner, lighting the gas at the injector. If you are not sure get it checked by an engineer. Where are you?

5. Darren

Darren Funster

Ratings:
    +35
    Thanks I'm going to get it booked in to a service center.