Fridge Internal Fan (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We've found performance also improves when you have less in the fridge.
When we gat back home I'm going to see if it's possible to mount the external fans horizontally, directly above the cooling tube for even better circulation.
I have 3 x 80mm on a plate below the fins. I mounted a fixed thermostat of the value, and in the position, shown in the Dometic kit instructions (mine is NOT a Dometic kit). They switch on and off as (apparently) required. I have an thermometer permanently fitted with the sensor on the fins under the freezer compartment. In south UK at present with outside temperature averaging 23/24 midday & fridge achieves 1.2 degrees C in the morning rising to 5/6 during the day dependant on number of times it's opened.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Used these in conjuction with the themostat above no problems. Presently use 5 of these and one thermostat mounted on top of radiators at home to circulate the warm air. The difference is incredible. Not too much noise, I have also fitted a dc motor regulator to reduce the speed/volume of the fans if required. Normally just turn the tv up a notch or two.
Speed regulator
Amazon product ASIN B00CWSO2IY
Artic fans

http://www.materiel.net/ventilateur-pc/arctic-cooling-arctic-f8-60779.html

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
If you wire the fan to run continuously, when the main stat breaks the fan will defrost the evaporator. Known as 'off cycle' defrost.
Actually a lot of commercial fridges and coldrooms have door switches that switch the fans off when the door is open so perhaps you could fit a small relay on the internal light supply and use the normally closed connection.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@Robert Clark is your internal fan sucking away from the cooling fins or blowing towards them. I wonder if that would make any difference.
I would place the fan drawing cold air away from the fins

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I'm even more confused now! o_O

It's the cooling fins in the inside of the fridge Mel.
p1110190-jpg.171460

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I may be guilty of having recently consumed some of the contents of our 'fridge but shouldn't a thread discussing the merits of whether blowing or sucking is superior be in the Belly Locker?

Throw in the sub-text of hot or cold and I think the decision is already made. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Now I understand ... no wonder I was confused as there are so many threads running about ruddy fridge fans and this one dates back to 2016! :doh:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
What are the opinions when it comes to shortening the sensor cable on the digital thermostat.
Will this alter the calibration on the digital thermostat i.e. the cable is a balanced set length or is the cable just a means of conveying sensor temperature reading to the digital thermostat and cable length does not matter.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
What are the opinions when it comes to shortening the sensor cable on the digital thermostat.
Will this alter the calibration on the digital thermostat i.e. the cable is a balanced set length or is the cable just a means of conveying sensor temperature reading to the digital thermostat and cable length does not matter.
Doesn't matter, you can shorten it no problem, the thermistor is at the end (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back