fridge fuse melting (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
In our motorhome we have a Dometic fridge freezer. Behind the drivers seat is a fuse box with EM 50 Intelligent Interface Adaptor written on it.
The problem is the fridge fuse (15amp) has melted for the second time, could I increase the fuse to 20amp or have I got an electrical problem that needs urgent attention. Thanks for any advice.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think you knew the answer before you posted DO NOT INCREASE THE FUSE SIZE if it has been working in the past then somewhere is a fault

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Fuse melting

I have an autotrail with fridge freezer and while in france 5 weeks ago i had the same melting fuse trouble. My original fuse was a 20 amp. I phoned dometic an was told to remove fuse and use on gas, it was 3 days before the warranty run out(3 years). Dont know what problem was apart from drawing too much current but elite motorhomes sorted it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
this is often caused either by badly fitting fuses making a poor contact, or the fact that most motorhomes and caravans seem to have inadequate size wiring to the fridge 12v supply to the heating element, upping the rating of the fuse is not the way to go. although I just found some details on the net, seems that the instructions for the EM50 indicate that both the fridge relay and fridge fuses 7 & 8 should both be 20 amp. maybe this will help you Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back