Fridge freezer not working on gas (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Hi All my fridge freezer in Autotrail Tracker works fine on 240v and 12v but not cooling or freezing on gas. Has been to regular servicers who cleaned out tons of crap from burner area but still not working. No error codes showing and burner flame sppears to be functioning. Any ideas welcome. šŸ˜Ž

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi All my fridge freezer in Autotrail Tracker works fine on 240v and 12v but not cooling or freezing on gas. Has been to regular servicers who cleaned out tons of crap from burner area but still not working. No error codes showing and burner flame sppears to be functioning. Any ideas welcome. šŸ˜Ž
Should be a 'roaring' blue flame. Can you hear it?

OP
OP
MuddyPuddle
Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Yes I can hear the flame and it is blue rather than a timid pilot light flame. I'm assuming that the cooling function is the same whichever source is being used. If that is the case its illogical that electric works and gas doesn't. :-/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Having same issue here. :(.

Had mine cleared out less than a year ago and a part fitted to help the ignition. Winder, since there are two of us, the cold weather has anything to do with it?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It could be that your gas exhaust ā€œchimneyā€ is blocked by soot. A small bottle brush run through it to clear the soot etc may fix it.

Illogical in a way but that was the problem when we had the same symptoms.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Have you tried Changing your gas bottle.
Al-Di had a similar issue with his fridge and after trying several fixes found that changing his gas bottle solved the problem. Alan?

NicM

Free Member
Oct 6, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
Old Hymer
Exp
It could be the lpg bottle getting to cold and you are not getting the right pressure.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
like you I had what i thought was a good blue flame, as I already had done everything I could, last resort was swapping the bottle (gas-it System) and it worked, I have since swopped that bottle out and purged it, and it was full of a slimy sticky liquid, As the bottle was not new to me am not sure what has been put into it, I'm just in process of changing the regulator just in case any has found its way there,(y)
(y);)

Aug 19, 2015
Windermere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
15 years
Having the same problem here in Nerja Spain. Large Dometic fridge freezer works sligh5ly on 240 (freezer but not fridge) but not at all on gas. Been told to invert it. ā€˜errā€™ to sort out gases! !
How do we swap a possibly clogged up gas bottle on a gas-lo system? The flame is hot but couldnā€™t see blue. New burner only 6 months ago. Thanks for anything at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back