Fridge flame indicator

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Douglas, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Douglas

Douglas

Ratings:
    +404
    Does anybody know of or has fitted a Flame indicator device to a bog standard Electrolux 3/way fridge.

I find the "look through the hole" Idea that is fitted as standard to be a complete waste of time, by the time you have moved all the food out of the way to see the dam thing you have lost about 3 hours of cooling time out of the box.

Doug...

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

Ratings:
    +6,319
    hi doug ,, if you are having probs with your fridge not working its probably down to the hot weather you are in . they dont like working at about 30degress n above. you need a compressor fridge . see you soon i hope .cheers alan.

3. savantuk

savantuk

Ratings:
    +43
    Doug,

I used to have one of these in my old Volkswagen camper. It was next to impossible to se if the flame was alight, even shading the aperture from any light.

I found that the best way was to hold in the 'flame failure device for about 10 seconds, and then press the igniter rapidly. A loud 'POP' from behind the fridge was a pretty reliable sign that the pilot had lit.

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

Ratings:
    +6,319
    i used to have a fridge like it .once lit never turned it off ,only to change bottles . drove all over europe n morocco with it lit .but hot weather it used to cook food not keep it cool . compressor is the way to go.