Fridge flame indicator (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Does anybody know of or has fitted a Flame indicator device to a bog standard Electrolux 3/way fridge.

I find the "look through the hole" Idea that is fitted as standard to be a complete waste of time, by the time you have moved all the food out of the way to see the dam thing you have lost about 3 hours of cooling time out of the box.

Doug...

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi doug ,, if you are having probs with your fridge not working its probably down to the hot weather you are in . they dont like working at about 30degress n above. you need a compressor fridge . see you soon i hope .cheers alan.

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Doug,

I used to have one of these in my old Volkswagen camper. It was next to impossible to se if the flame was alight, even shading the aperture from any light.

I found that the best way was to hold in the 'flame failure device for about 10 seconds, and then press the igniter rapidly. A loud 'POP' from behind the fridge was a pretty reliable sign that the pilot had lit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i used to have a fridge like it .once lit never turned it off ,only to change bottles . drove all over europe n morocco with it lit .but hot weather it used to cook food not keep it cool . compressor is the way to go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back