Fridge fault code 8! And site power supplies! (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I literally can't believe this! We checked into a site yesterday in Swanage and invited in inlaws over for a BBQ (since they hail from Swanage).

Anyway, BBQ is well under way, and the drinks are flowing, when all of a sudden I hear the "tick, tick, tick, tick" from the fridge vent. I look at the fridge panel, and it has gone over to gas! The microwave is still on, so we have an electrical supply.

I investigate further, googled the fault code, and discover that it means low power supply. But could be other things. I did a quick checkup on the fridge, everything is fine. By now however the fridge is flicking between electric and gas every second, which can't be good for it so I manually selected gas. All has been fine ever since.

Anyway, just decided to have a spot of lunch, so I put the leftover burgers in the microwave, and to my surprise, the EHU is too weedy to handle even that! I had to go outside and unplug the hookup so that the power came from the inverter!

I never thought I would encounter such a low power supply in the UK, had it on the continent many times!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
You do right to stick the fridge on gas ... we had the low voltage situation in France and the continual switching back and forth burnt out the mains element.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I literally can't believe this! We checked into a site yesterday in Swanage and invited in inlaws over for a BBQ (since they hail from Swanage).

Anyway, BBQ is well under way, and the drinks are flowing, when all of a sudden I hear the "tick, tick, tick, tick" from the fridge vent. I look at the fridge panel, and it has gone over to gas! The microwave is still on, so we have an electrical supply.

I investigate further, googled the fault code, and discover that it means low power supply. But could be other things. I did a quick checkup on the fridge, everything is fine. By now however the fridge is flicking between electric and gas every second, which can't be good for it so I manually selected gas. All has been fine ever since.

Anyway, just decided to have a spot of lunch, so I put the leftover burgers in the microwave, and to my surprise, the EHU is too weedy to handle even that! I had to go outside and unplug the hookup so that the power came from the inverter!

I never thought I would encounter such a low power supply in the UK, had it on the continent many times!
Is the site full?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Is the site full?
Yes, well it was, now that people have departed the fridge will now run on electric, but still no microwave!

You do right to stick the fridge on gas ... we had the low voltage situation in France and the continual switching back and forth burnt out the mains element.
I thought as much, a bit like turning a light on and off continuously, you are going to blow the bulb.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back